Thread: How to make the most of the time we have left.

Post Fiend

How to make the most of the time we have left.

Look, I think its pretty clear this game has been designed into the ground.

Of everything thats changed over the past few years, only the science change is decent. Everything else is bad. Rituals are terrible. WW bonus and exploration nerfs have ruined the growth vs war balance of the game.

At this point, it would be best if the devs stopped trying.

Here is what you should do instead:

Go pick an age in the mehul days, and run it exactly as it was then, except keep your science system.

Do this until the game dies.

The nostalgia would be much more fun then the changea we get currently.

And you doomsayers has been around since the days of Mehul and you have a rose tinted glasses when you think about back to those days. Its not that the game was so much better it was that i t was more people. More social interaction, more community feeling.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    And you doomsayers has been around since the days of Mehul and you have a rose tinted glasses when you think about back to those days. Its not that the game was so much better it was that i t was more people. More social interaction, more community feeling.

You lie.

. The game is really bad right now. Everyone decent knows it. EOWCF is 100% broken conceptually without fort stance to balance it. Rituals are tedious and thus the definition of anti fun. Exploration changes reward bad players. NW based gains rewards bad players. Over pumping and stagnation is rewarded, growth is punished.

The game is 100% backwards, and pretending like this isnt the games last legs is laughable. Every single person I talk to agrees the game is unplayable and that they hust hang around because of old friends.

I really dont get the point of pretending its fine, the game is a disaster.

Sounds like you're the bad player.

Post Fiend
    Uhh no I have mutiple crowns.. how much do the devs pay you to pretend? 2 credits an age? 10? Korp = name for a very cheap prostitue.

Quote Originally Posted by mordon44 View Post
    Uhh no I have mutiple crowns.. how much do the devs pay you to pretend? 2 credits an age? 10? Korp = name for a very cheap prostitue.
    Im just entertained by bad players like you that like to blame everything on the game rather than face it you're a bad player.

Not especially clever either, presenting opinions and anecdotes as "facts"

Veteran

EOWCF is 100% broken conceptually without fort stance to balance it.
    People hated Fort stance for various reasons. People also hate when EOWCF is shortened in any way. So this seems like a good move?

Rituals are tedious and thus the definition of anti fun.
    Rituals are a pretty cool innovation in gameplay, but I agree they need to be re-tooled to not be so tedious.

Exploration changes reward bad players. NW based gains rewards bad players. Over pumping and stagnation is rewarded, growth is punished.
    Not sure what you mean with the exploration point, but the topfeeding mechanics are a little annoying. This doesn't strike me as game-breaking, since top/bottomfeed has always been a matter of tweaking the balance.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Andurilas View Post
    Rituals are a pretty cool innovation in gameplay, but I agree they need to be re-tooled to not be so tedious.
    At the risk of adding an actual suggestion into the suggestion thread, what about this to change rituals:

Make the ritual a stance (i.e., two stances - "no ritual" and "ritual"). In the ritual stance, every province gets -50% rune production and -50% mana regen. After some time elapses (or some rune production threshold is reached), the monarch/steward can select any of the ritual types.

Pros:
    - Rituals are more passive and less of a "chore," and won't require retooling buildings outside of war
    - Can select a different type ritual if needs change after ritual is started
    - You won't "fail" a ritual, but can still control how long you suffer the debuff by building more towers

Cons:
    - Everyone suffers debuff, including chained provinces (but that's part of the risk/strategy imo)
    - Less strategy in sending runes to smaller provinces, etc.

Thread Information