Hi, this is my suggestion thread, where I suggest orientations for races and personalities. I think the game could use some new, fresh mechanics and strategies, so some of these suggestions may seem pretty far out, or more suitable to Genesis. I'm not denying any of that.

General changes:
- New spell: Liberation. Costs as much as Shadowlight and turns 50% of your prisoners into peons. Yes, it sucks, but trust me - it has some uses.
- Aggression, Bloodlust and the new Liberation are now support spells.
- ToG gets a nerf and is now rune-based: each rune you spend gives you 5-15 gc.
- Plague gets you +10% casualties on top of everything.
- Lightning bolt is Heretic-only now.

Avian:

I've always thought of Avian as unencumbered by gravity, free to come and go as they please. Some of their bonuses reflect this (such as the attack travel time) but others don't, really. With this in mind, here's my retooling of Avian:

Spellbook: Greater Protection, Quick Feet, War Spoils

Dark Elf:

DE just feels like an A/M, so I'm steering it that way. It has strong(er) units balanced by a population loss.

(Regular) Elf

If DE are the offensive mages, Elf are defensive.

Dwarf

Strong army, versatile elite, cheap buildings.

Halfling:

This version of halfling is the sort of hands-off, let-other-people-work-for-you kind of race. They have large dungeons that, when full, fill out more jobs than they need, and less wages and military costs to support the kind of high draft necessary to build a large army to make up for their individually lesser units. So it's a bit of a zerg rush race.

Faery:

Faery fills the final slot on the mage trifecta: the long-duration spellcasting race. It no longer gets a pop penalty (which was shuffled to Dark Elf), instead getting a substantial income penalty with the loss of ToG, and a smaller one as in an actual income loss.

Human:

There isn't much to say about human. Good science, bad magic. I changed the science bonus a bit, which I think is a demerit to them, but a slight one.

Orc:

The ur-attacker. The big meanie. The ugliest mofos in town. Orcs are attackers and attackers usually need aid to stay afloat, so they get an aid bonus. On the other hand, Orcs get free draft now and an increased sabotage damage, so they can't be left off the hook for long.

Undead:

The undead are a strange race. Whereas others see death as the end, they see it as the beginning. They must suffer through death repeatedly before reaching their final form. So:

Personalities!

Artisan:

Artisan is a bit boring, and I thought it needed something new. So:

Yeah. That's it. One huge bonus and a side spell.

Cleric:

If Elf is the antithesis to Dark Elf, then Cleric must be the yang to Undead's yin. Whereas the latter's units suffer multiple deaths, Cleric holds on to units. Where Undead spreads plague, Cleric is immune. You get the idea:

Heretic:

This is the instant-damage personality. No more blizzard, but they get other spells instead.

Mystic:

The pure mage. More focused on long-lasting spells, though they can also do one-time casting.

Rogue:

The thief. Nothing new here.

Sage:

Balancing sage is hard because it depends on the age length. With that in mind:

Tactician:

Tact is a hard personality to balance because it always seems to have such varied strengths. Here's what I think it should focus on:

War Hero:

This is the personality for those who don't want to pony up for their elites and who are put off by the new Undead.

Warrior:

As usual, Warrior packs the hardest punch.

Please consider my spell suggestions as an appendix to this thread.