Thread: Corona virus outbreak causing me rental problems

Corona virus outbreak causing me rental problems

I live in a small motel, in a small town in Texas USA, have been for around 10 years or so, paying rent week to week. The corona virus outbreak caused my job, I work in a restaurant as a cook for the last 12 years, to close its doors and I was laid off until we can open again.
    My landlord says he cannot wait until I get my government stimulus/ unemployment money for me to pay rent (I have no idea how long this is gonna take). My next rent is due on Friday April 3rd.
    He will probably try to evict me at that time.
    I have no family or close friends to help me out.
    I know that landlords in Texas have been told they can't evict tenants for non payment of rent.
    My problem is that I don't know if this will apply to my situation and I know my landlord doesn't think it does and will tell me to get out on Friday if I don't have the rent money. I don't even have money to buy food and will run out in about 2 days. I had $150 this last Friday and was hoping my landlord would give me a break so I could buy food but he didn't so I had to give the $150 to him for this weeks rent.
    I have looked around at several sites online about different things that might help me but everything is so confusing and nothing looks like it can help me in time.
    Please help me find out if I am protected by these laws (hopefully some lawyers play Utopia). I don't know what to do. I have nowhere to go and no money to go anywhere.

Post Fiend
    Hey man. That's a pretty ****ty situation. Sorry I don't have any answers or help for you, but I wanted you to know that someone read your message. Hopefully someone else in these forums has some advice for you.

Good luck.

Thanks me too :)
    Running out of time, rents due tomorrow

this can be deleted now

Thread Information