Thread: INTERVIEW: Sadira sits down with PersainCat

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar

INTERVIEW: Sadira sits down with PersainCat

Hello everyone, this is Sadira and I’m sitting here having a drink (Pepsi) with PersainCat, leader of Divinity and he has agreed to take time out of his busy schedule to answer some questions.

(S): How long have you been playing Utopia?

(P): On and off since age 8

(S): How did you get into Utopia?

(P): Friend in school was playing and it looked fun so I created my own prov and have been hooked ever since

(S): Do you play other games as well? What games?

(P): Yea, I play a variety of other games. I migrated to mostly PC games right as the Arma 2 DayZ mod was first released and miss it, there aren’t a ton of games that recapture that feel. As it died off and lost popularity I've ended up putting some time into Ark, League of legends, PUBG, Stellaris, Civilizations, Age of empires 2 and still make my foray over the console for Mario Maker.

(S): Does your significant other hate that you play utopia? Have you tried to get them into playing?

(P): I'm unattached...so lucky mean no impact on utopia. But generally utopia doesn't have that much impact on my personal life, been playing so long it just kinda sets the tempo for my life.

(S): Would you like to give a shout out to any past kds you have played for?

(P): Well I spent my early ages of my time in random ghetto's followed by genesis. Then in the late 30's came back to WoL and the core of that kd merged with Divinity late 40's. Three of us remain so there no long term kds shout out to anymore.

(S): Who do you feel you learned the most about this game from?

(P): Troll....he’s my current "war leader." Really though he's the other half that makes my kd work...no matter how smart/good the rest of my players/leaders are he can tweak things just enough to make the kd concept successful.

(S): How would you describe your kd and kdmates?

(P): KD is home, kdmates are "friendly". Besides the typical 'everyone in my kd is my friend" the real focus of Divinity is we don’t accept those into the kd that don’t fit in personality wise no matter how good they are, and because of that we have a core of about 30 that rotate in and out. I think of the current 25 only 4 have <5 ages in the kd and 20 have been with the kd since we absorbed Shinra in the 50's.

(S): To what do you attribute the successes of your kd to?

(P): As above, the people. As our personality mix is correct it means every single player that stays here more than 1 age just gets it. For example one of my biggest slackers spent an age legal xlogging a full avian kd in one of the utopia competitors yet can come outa eowcf on 3 epa 9 dspec on a pure attacker. Sigh, yet a few words and he’s fixing it and knows he ****ed up

(S): Does your kd have a particular goal in mind each age?

(P): Fun, fun is always the sole goal. Mind you it’s more fun to win then lose, and we've aimed for top land once or twice, but those things are always secondary to having an interesting and overall "fun" age.

(S): Do you have a particular race combo that you love and find yourself always wanting to play?

(P): Personally I love the concept of undead mystic. High wpa, lots of smashing. Miss it not having NM or hospitals or well science as of late though.

(S): Do you have any suggestions to potential new players or existing players that might find themselves lost?

(P): Go play genesis and talk in chat. Talking helps, getting someone to mentor/suggest things helps but nothing quite makes the game more fun/easier to figure out then spending a few ages just doing random **** till u figure out what u like/have the most fun with. That’s harder to do in WoL even in a ghetto.

(S): Genesis is so fast though and can be overwhelming to new players. Couple hours of inactivity and you find yourself intra razed

(P): True and that teaches you to always log in

(S): Describe any funny or peculiar incidents that made you either laugh until your sides hurt or had you wanting to throw your computer/phone out the window.

At this point PersainCat sent me a link to some saved quotes from his kd. I will share some of the more humourous ones that everyone can relate to.

<@AzureKnight> Current Honor 1,512 <@AzureKnight> IM HONORABLE
    <@Frylock> I am the lord of the plunder
    <@AzureKnight> its normal to take your neighbors chicken at midnight
    <@Chane> never was in whore school, care to teach? :P
    <~PersainCAT> my kd role is that of kd nub
    <@Zaza> *persain pulls down his pants* <&Troll> *troll pulls a big spoon up from his pocket*
    <@Liberado> imagine the hardship that will be caused by those logging at work and a co-worker walking by seeing a wall of dicks'
    Acti and Peetah agree that undeads are Intel *****es
    What is mages fury again?
    •Gust> Going fort OOP is opening the gateway to your rectum
    I want a bang bang with ur body yo
    <@AzureKnight> this ***** just went on vacation <@Liberado> probably the smartest move anyone from that kd has made
    woke up with a boner having to pee, now I cant fall asleep again =(
    <@Carberphone> Safe and easy money <@Binar> failed x3
    Squadron', 'PersainCAT need to see if anyone else can get it in
    'peetah', 'persain donates 1.2mil gc for the dragon at 4:19. Peetah: weren\'t we supposed to wave 5:1? Persain: oh ****.'
    <•Binar> NOOOOOOOO <•Binar> I ****ED UP <•Binar> and released all my archers
    <@AzureKnight> i wish i wasnt so fat

'Llama: Need gold before tick, On 0....Maxwell: province?.... Llama: Send me food, thanks... Maxwell: WHAT IS YOUR PROVINCE... Llama: That is my prov {prov name=send me food}
    <@Maxwell> My manhood is throbbing with glee

(S): (after having a chuckle going thru the quotes) If you could go back in time and give the 'newb' you one piece of advice, what would it be?

(P): My suggestion to noobs is find a core of players and someone willing to lead, follow them and stick with em. Game is to have fun with people u enjoy talking to nothing more

(S): If you could sit down and have a drink with DavidC, what would you be drinking and what suggestions would you like to mention?

(P): I’d just be drinking water, nothing like a good glass of water. As for suggestions, I’m game for just about any, doesn’t seem like massive radical changes going to happen to just mess with things so simplest things I think could be fun FOR AN AGE, overfunding dragons, we have over pumping ritual, why not let us send a 200% power 400% hp dragon would be funny to see a kd lose 30% ME to a fully funded ruby or -60% gains lol that and I'd like to see unlimited # of generals, I chain u I have 500k off u have 10k def...welcome to 50 tap city.
    Even at 3-4 acres a pop u could really damage someone

(S): LOL, I don’t know if I like that last one

(P): There’s something to be said for an age of gimmick

(S): Anything you would like to add or any shout outs to any players?

(P): Naw, to many people to say cheers to, and just happy to be asked

(S): I appreciate you taking this time to do this. I always felt it is the same people that get interviewed and I wanted to get out to those that have been around but don't always crown. I think they are just as important as any "crowning" kd

(P): Indeed, though i might be one of the people that gets interviewed a tad more often of the non crowning kds, might not wanna make me FIRST

Sorry, PersainCat but you are first for me. Thanks again for taking the time to talk to me.

Good job @PersainCat

Thread Information