Thread: Halfling and nw

Halfling and nw

This age something I've really enjoyed is playing Elf. The high def specs value and the low nw cost elites. When you have a low nw unit it means that you can keep more acres cause you are stronger on defense on that unit. You also get more Population.

The opposite is true of Halfling. Which is why I made this post in the first place.

When is it time to lower the nwa value of Halflings elites?

I mean it is totally unsustainable to have 35 pop per acre cause bigger provinces will have the same nw as you. So basically you're at the same size as an Orc but he has 120% land. He still gets the same population. So what's the point here? Should you keep less acres but compete with people your nw size? They will have the same population as you cause your nwa on your elie is not lower than theirs. Therefor he can have 120% land and the same population and the same nw. Basically because your units are weaker.

As far as I've concerned in utopia a "Lower" nwa is better than a high one.

You should change Halfling's Elites to 6.5 nw So Halfling Can Keep The Same amount of acres as other provinces but have a population that is larger.
    Last edited by vicke; 05-07-2020 at 08:54.

can someone explain this for me once and for all cause I've never understood it.

Do I get this right? Have you already considered that, and still value Halflings Elites on 7 nw or is this just something that hasn't been understood yet by developers.
    Last edited by vicke; 05-07-2020 at 08:59.

A side noe to this regard; An orc can be seen around 28 ppa an halfling around 35.
    >>>>>>>>> 35/28 = 1.25

that's the difference in population

1.25*7nw = 8.75
    1*7.75nw = 7.75

so basically per acre the halfling will have more 13% nwa than the orc, but the orcs units are stronger.

how's this unreasonable?

if it was balanced the ratio would be 0% that is with population bonus halfling ends at a balanced level with the orc where both have the same nw
    Last edited by vicke; 05-07-2020 at 09:19.

Post Fiend
    I don't think NWPA is as critical nowadays as it used to be.

It is true that an Orc can have 20% more land at the same NW, which adds more population and negates the halfling bonus– but it's also true that they have to have 20% more land to get to that NW, which means more of everything is needed and land losses are larger, or at least capped at a higher rate. Being able to be more compact means that halfling has an intrinsic bonus to TPA (in addition to their explicit bonus) and WPA, plus rune cost, building cost, exploring, etc.

I agree that the halfling elite has an inflated NW, but to be honest, it has always been that way. The half-giants have always been a bit of a trap of sorts, or at best you pay with NW for their versatility. But if you want to stay lean as halfling, you go for specs.

okay thanks for tips

Thread Information