Thread: Feedback and Suggestions for Age 87 Preliminary Changes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My understanding is that science is pretty much the same, they've just divided the numbers by 10.
    The science formula is that science book effects is proportional to roughly the square root of your number of books (actually to the power of 1/2.125,).
    This means that if you give everyone one tenth the number of books, and you triple the effectiveness of books, nothing has changed.

EG 100,000 books of income science gives you 16.3% now, (100,000^1/2.125)*0.0724, according to the wiki
    In the new world, you only have 10,000 science books, but books are ~3 times as good. So that's (10,000^1/2.125)*0.0724*3 = 16.6%
    Presumably what they mean by ~3 is that the 16.6% will actually be 16.3%, i.e. no change.

Re general feedback though. What I don't like is that in general, racial penalties and bonuses seem to have shrunk. This makes everything less interesting.
    Thing's seem more interesting when the races have big bonuses and large drawbacks. But that might just be me.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbrown View Post
    My understanding is that science is pretty much the same, they've just divided the numbers by 10.
    The science formula is that science book effects is proportional to roughly the square root of your number of books (actually to the power of 1/2.125,).
    This means that if you give everyone one tenth the number of books, and you triple the effectiveness of books, nothing has changed.

EG 100,000 books of income science gives you 16.3% now, (100,000^1/2.125)*0.0724, according to the wiki
    In the new world, you only have 10,000 science books, but books are ~3 times as good. So that's (10,000^1/2.125)*0.0724*3 = 16.6%
    Presumably what they mean by ~3 is that the 16.6% will actually be 16.3%, i.e. no change.

Re general feedback though. What I don't like is that in general, racial penalties and bonuses seem to have shrunk. This makes everything less interesting.
    Thing's seem more interesting when the races have big bonuses and large drawbacks. But that might just be me.
    Huh, that actually makes sense.
    Thanks for doing the math where I was too lazy to do it myself.

So lets accept the changes.

How are you going to play? What race/personality combos stick out as OP or have great synergy?

Human Raider
    Dwarf War Hero
    Last edited by Fatboy5706; 18-07-2020 at 00:43. Reason: Added my choices.

Thread Information