Thread: Feedback and Suggestions for Age 87 Preliminary Changes

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Laboratories still exist.
    Sci effects will be almost identical.
    • Science Book production and rewards decreased by a factor of 10
    • Science Book NW value increased by a factor of 10
    • Science Book effects increased by a factor of ~3

I'm not sure if we're in the same universe here...but reducing books by a factor of 10, and only increasing their effects by a factor of 3 does not seem to add up to being "identical". Seems more like science will be much more difficult to increase while having a higher impact on NW.

My understanding is that science is pretty much the same, they've just divided the numbers by 10.
    The science formula is that science book effects is proportional to roughly the square root of your number of books (actually to the power of 1/2.125,).
    This means that if you give everyone one tenth the number of books, and you triple the effectiveness of books, nothing has changed.

EG 100,000 books of income science gives you 16.3% now, (100,000^1/2.125)*0.0724, according to the wiki
    In the new world, you only have 10,000 science books, but books are ~3 times as good. So that's (10,000^1/2.125)*0.0724*3 = 16.6%
    Presumably what they mean by ~3 is that the 16.6% will actually be 16.3%, i.e. no change.

Re general feedback though. What I don't like is that in general, racial penalties and bonuses seem to have shrunk. This makes everything less interesting.
    Thing's seem more interesting when the races have big bonuses and large drawbacks. But that might just be me.

Regular
    These changes suck

Quote Originally Posted by Stingaaaa View Post
    No race/ personality with - attack time?
    Godspeed no longer - attack time?

Did you reduce the base attack time?

Also what southland said....
    Yes they did. To 14.4 ....

Regular
    Is there any rationale as to why Dwarfs that could use war horses and build stables throughout their history are no longer able?

Why does necromancer, that dabbles in the dark arts, carry the plague?

Devoid of logic and uninspiring. RIP.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by thejudge View Post
    Is there any rationale as to why Dwarfs that could use war horses and build stables throughout their history are no longer able?
    It was a harsh winter and they ate them. Then they developed a taste for horse meat, so now they raise them on farms for food. It also explains why they no longer need to consume extra food.

Why does necromancer, that dabbles in the dark arts, carry the plague?
    Because you're reviving people that died of who-knows-what virus without curing that. Of course you're bound to bring back an ancient disease or two.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by thejudge View Post

Devoid of logic and uninspiring. RIP.

Somebody didn't see the Lord of the Rings movies...

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbrown View Post
    My understanding is that science is pretty much the same, they've just divided the numbers by 10.
    The science formula is that science book effects is proportional to roughly the square root of your number of books (actually to the power of 1/2.125,).
    This means that if you give everyone one tenth the number of books, and you triple the effectiveness of books, nothing has changed.

EG 100,000 books of income science gives you 16.3% now, (100,000^1/2.125)*0.0724, according to the wiki
    In the new world, you only have 10,000 science books, but books are ~3 times as good. So that's (10,000^1/2.125)*0.0724*3 = 16.6%
    Presumably what they mean by ~3 is that the 16.6% will actually be 16.3%, i.e. no change.

Re general feedback though. What I don't like is that in general, racial penalties and bonuses seem to have shrunk. This makes everything less interesting.
    Thing's seem more interesting when the races have big bonuses and large drawbacks. But that might just be me.
    Huh, that actually makes sense.
    Thanks for doing the math where I was too lazy to do it myself.

So lets accept the changes.

How are you going to play? What race/personality combos stick out as OP or have great synergy?

Human Raider
    Dwarf War Hero
    Last edited by Fatboy5706; 18-07-2020 at 00:43. Reason: Added my choices.

Post Fiend
    Does a Dwarf Raider get to attack with the war horses he just stole?

No access to war horses so id say no.

Can we clarify if university science production affects all science or just one category? The option to select the category still seems to be there in the science page, although it refers to schools.

Director of Age Changes
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbrown View Post
    Can we clarify if university science production affects all science or just one category? The option to select the category still seems to be there in the science page, although it refers to schools.
    One category.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Does only rogue have the steal horses?

Does the war draft bonus apply during EowCF?

Is amnesia dmg same as the last age - On 11 successful casts you could expect the science effectiveness of the target be reduced to somewhere between ~84% - 72%(form last age post didn't experience amnesia last age).

EDIT: what is base attack time during war?
    Last edited by Bo To; 18-07-2020 at 19:08.

Thread Information