Thread: Does any kingdom fit this bill?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Veteran

Does any kingdom fit this bill?

I was reading in Utopia Talk and found the following post by Madchess from 2018. I thought it made a good point about obsessive planning - while it's true that I wanted to be in an experienced kingdom that takes things seriously, at the same time I want to take my real life seriously, not have all my province plans mandated, and am OK with being second-best. See quote as follows (from the thread "which is the best warring kd").

As long as we don't go into the Vasp argument (no one beat me in a war I lead so I'm best) I'm fine with the discussion.

To add to the discussion, have you ever wondered why so many decent warring kingdoms has retired, maybe it is not a sign of them beeing best if they burn out their own leadership and core players all the time, maybe the real champions are the kingdoms that perform well despite not forcing a race/personality choice and request people to set alarms, there is only so many people willing to do that at any one time.

Not saying kingdoms run less strictly can beat a kingdom that is fully setup with all race/personality choices made by leadership where everyone gets texted in the middle of the night to send out or cast spells, but I know what type of kingdom I'd prefer to stick arround in for a long time and which of these I would not want to be a part of. I find it more motivating that I am the one making the call on when to set my own alarm in the middle of the night and when I simply can't do that, and still I'll aim for top uniques in war no mater what kingdom I'm a part of.
    Any kingdoms around that are like this but still want to war anyways?

As for my experience: I played from roughly ages 12-22, then again from ages 50-60. Played as Monarch every one of those ages except perhaps one - I did lots of kingdom-building. No, I don't plan to take anyone's Monarch seat - I want to play an age where I try to tone down my intensity a bit. :)
    Last edited by Gidoza; 20-09-2020 at 14:32.

Thread Information