Thread: A Question About Ticks & Buildings

Veteran

A Question About Ticks & Buildings

And I don't mean the ones that give you Lyme Disease.

Let's say I have Armouries being constructed, and they will be finished next tick. Obviously, next tick I will have lower training costs.

However, next tick - will my draft costs be reduced for next tick (the same tick the Armouries are finished), or will those costs only see reduction for the turn AFTER the Armouries are completed?

That's all - thank you!
    -G

this question gets to a common underlying question; what is the 'order of operations' during a tick?

i seem to recall 'peon growth', as it relates to when 'wizards trained' and 'soldiers drafted' are calculated was also popular.

I would come across little bits of proof here and there over my time playing and say i should compile this into a list, but never happened because they were so few, really, and i never took the time to poke and prod very deliberately.

from my recollection though, income etc seems to see the boost that tick from banks, so i would reason that armouries should as well. you, or someone, would have to test to be sure, though. unless some kind soul has the dirt and shares it, of course.

Veteran
    @RattleHead

Thanks,

I went ahead and built my troops at the proper time to see what would happen, and it would appear to be the case that Buildings are constructed before Drafting occurs, so yes - the Armouries DID count for the tick in which they arrived.

And you could add to your list one of my other queries, which was whether "-" counts as a tick for Patriotism or not (effectively, it seems to be the case that a spell that says 18 days is then really 19, which is kind of disorienting). I'd love to see that list of yours because it would be helpful, not just to me but to many others as well.

Take care,
    -G

Thread Information