It was early in the age and I was run ragged trying to cover all the wars in the world of legends but I still caught the majority! The greatest of the human and dwarf alliances always sound the loudest horns when victory is theirs and I could hear these horns from the other side of the valley. I raced with haste to the mountain top only to see the enemy routing. I approached the battlefield and the dwarves were already drinking and feasting only but a few feet from where they had just slain their enemy! The Faery king summoned me to the edge of the field near the woods and from the shadows of a great oak whispered the tale of their war in a language only faery and beast would understand.

1) What is your kingdom and your position?
I am the monarch of 3:8 - this age we are Gimli

2) How did you find your last war? (arranged or wave)
They hit us a few times and sent a message offering war. I said OK, so they did a full wave.

3) Who was your opponent and why did you pick them?
4:10, Chaos Neverending. We picked them because they were interested.

4) When you run your wars, is it micro managed waves or do you have a preset plan?
There is a general strategy that is baked into our KD set-up, which gets adapted based on our opponents. Generally specific chain targets are called, but usually not in OOP wars.

5) How did you feel about your attacker choices?
The dwarf/human split seemed fine against undead, I think the true test will be against orcs.

6) Did your TM choices compliment the attackers well this age?
TMs don't do a whole lot in the first war because of rune limitations and low op damage.

7) What was the biggest issue your attackers faced?
Military losses are high this age, being chained is going to be even more unpleasant than usual.

8) What was the biggest issue your TMs faced?
Runes are scarce, but that will improve with size and sci later in the age.

9) What approach did you use on your waves? did it work?
Max gains all the way. We had an exprop ritual and more attackers than the opponent so it was pretty effective.

10) How did you seal the deal?
Deny popspace/peasants to limit income and keep sending dragons.

11) Any honorable mentions to your kingdom mates who went above and beyond?
Trep did a great job harassing people to kill/fund the dragons.

12) Is there anything you would change about the 'WAR' experience in Utopia?
Make it easier to recover from a loss. Sometimes a tough war will completely ruin your age, which makes it unattractive to try to force the issue when the war is a close match.

Thank you very much and enjoy Age 88!