Thread: AGE 88 - Yr0 Stories - THE KINGDOM OF ZOMBIELAND

Post Fiend

AGE 88 - Yr0 Stories - THE KINGDOM OF ZOMBIELAND

The first wars of the age always bring the best out of everyone, the trick is maintaining that trend, this particular kingdom knows how to do just that and did not waste much time out of protection finding a war. This is their story from Yr0.

1) What is your kingdom and your position?
    4:3 - Monarch

2) How did you find your last war? (arranged or wave)
    We got waved to just before hostile and I received a mail asking if we wanted to war. I responded for them to finish the wave to hostile and we'd push. Few ticks later they did.

3) How many dragons and what rituals where used?
    2:11 and they picked us. Looked like a pretty even match up though in terms of # of provinces / size

4) When you run your wars, is it micro managed waves or do you have a preset plan?
    It's usually a mix of both. We will have some targets we definitely want hits on and if anyone in leadership is around they can direct some hits, if not we will just post a list.

5) How did you feel about your attacker choices?
    Undead raiders feel great but time will tell if they will remain good for the rest of the age.

6) Did your TM choices compliment the attackers well this age?
    For the first war our TMs don't typically do much TMing. They run as mostly attackers + some econ control.

7) What was the biggest issue your attackers faced?
    Our biggest attackers got out of range of their entire KD pretty quickly

8) What was the biggest issue your TMs faced?
    As I mentioned they didn't TM much, but they also don't have the same attacker power as a pure attacker so first wars are a weird place for a TM. The traditional TM spells like MS just aren't worth casting, and the rune costs are so high vs once you get larger and pump some science.

9) What approach did you use on your waves? did it work?
    We mostly just let everyone max gain while trying to find a few provinces sitting armies home if we could.

10) How did you seal the deal?
    We had much more activity than they did and it allowed us to pull ahead in size fairly quickly

11) Any honorable mentions to your kingdom mates who went above and beyond?
    I want to thank Kilrogg for not starting the war off by intra-kingdoming one of our Mystics by accident. It's happened before so...

12) Is there anything you would change about the 'WAR' experience in Utopia?
    I'd probably change quite a bit to be honest. It can be challenging to find a war lately and now without being able to send a proposal it seems even harder. It feels like most KDs won't war unless they feel like they will have a guaranteed win. I'd like to see some sort of scaling mechanism that would balance a war between 2 KDs not of equal size. For example if you war a KD 20% larger your KD receives 20% more military efficiency and income or something like that. Would need to test actual benefits to find a good balance. Also I'd love eowcf to be shortened but have everything sped up. For example make it 48 hours, not 96, but building, training, drafting, wiz production, science production are all doubled in speed. With very limited war options already, having KDs stuck in a long eowcf diminishes the chances of more wars further.

13) Do you play Genesis or just WoL?
    I'd love to see some fresh blood pumped into this game. Most people have been playing for 20+ years at this point and it's such a great concept. I think it's hard for new players to get over the lack of fancy graphics but I also feel like adding them would take away part of what makes the game so great. I don't really know a good solution but I'm sure everyone would love to see Utopia go back to the player base it had years ago with hundreds, if not thousands of KDs

14) Any final thoughts?
    Thank you for a great Age!

Thank you so much and Enjoy Age 88!
    Last edited by W1nd; 04-11-2020 at 20:28.

Thread Information