Thread: AGE 88 - Yr0 Stories - THE KINGDOM OF STARCRAFT

Post Fiend

AGE 88 - Yr0 Stories - THE KINGDOM OF STARCRAFT

This is the story of the kingdom who went to war against what has now been tagged as MERCILESS, they did not expect this war coming out of protection. The King had been out in the forest attempting to clear it with his troops when it came alive and swallowed his army whole! Sitting on the edge of the clearing well away from where his army was lost he explained what had transpired there.

What is your kingdom and your position?
    Well, we’re StarCraft and I am Milkman, the current monarch. The kingdom has been around for over a decade and we have seen many leaders and players. I returned at the end of age 86 after 1.5 years of break and asked a lot of old players to return. So we’re currently a mix of old timers, some randoms and some people that where around when I returned to the game.

How did you find your last war? (arranged or wave)
    We arranged this war during freeze time/protection by reaching out to all the kingdoms with roughly comparable player numbers on our island. Trees 7:4 was the only one who rised up to the challenge.

Who was your opponent and why did you pick them?
    7:4. A kingdom called Trees. I don’t know much about them. Their monarch told me that they are a bunch of Aussies that recently returned. They ended up as our target because they where the only ones brave enough to take up our challenge.

When you run your wars, is it micro managed waves or do you have a preset plan?
    A little bit of both. We have a general idea at what we want to do and then try to direct our players as efficiently as possible.

How did you feel about your attacker choices?
    Even though we lost, we feel confident in our choice for races and personalities. We’re not running a setup that excels in OOP wars and that was one of the biggest challenges we encountered this war.

Did your TM choices compliment the attackers well this age?
    The age is 4 days old, so we ran our t/m this war as attackers that just happened to had higher tpa to do ops.

What was the biggest issue your attackers faced?
    The biggest challenges to overcome was the big offense advantage that 7:4 had upon entering the war with their superb dragon slaying. They really did an awesome job on that part. I don’t think any of the 4 dragons we have send this in this min time war lived longer then a couple of hours.

What was the biggest issue your TMs faced?
    Getting massacred hurt. 7:4 used their offense advantage to massacre our high tpa provinces from the war start. Diminishing the advantages we had over them in tpa and econ.

What approach did you use on your waves? did it work?
    We focused primarily on gains and trying to NS away as much of their offense as possible. On a few provinces we managed to get in a good amount of ops to dish out some damage but their massacres at war start and superb dragon slaying really made it clear that in a OOP war we lacked the means to overcome the difference in offense. 7:4 came into this war with a really strong hand and played their cards extremely well.

How did you FINISH THEM off?
    Not. Unfortunately our chainsaws broke down while we tried to clear the forest of Trees. Those Trees are a though bunch. Definitely hardwood!

Any honorable mentions to your kingdom mates who went above and beyond?
    Yes, I want to mention the entire crew because I think we’ve risen above ourselves when it comes to terms of activity and effort put into this war. People went above and beyond to be online at war start, communicated extensively on discord and nearly everyone managed to be online at the start date. It was really awesome to see the effort put in by both kingdoms at war start. 4 emerald dragons where send in the first hour of the war (two by both sides) and both kingdoms did waves with pretty much all provs online.
    The most honorable mention goes out to Joep, my steward who helped out a lot in the hectic start of the war. I also want to mention ENKI who though it would be a great idea to not train defspecs while jumping into an OOP war. Regardless of that he pulled through and kept on fighting till the very end of the war.

Is there anything you would change about the 'WAR' experience in Utopia?
    Yes, better server for intel site for when protection ends. It was overwhelmed with all the data collected OOP and made gathering intel and planning though.

Any final thoughts?
    Unfortunately we failed to cut down Trees in order to build the new parking spot for our Protoss mothership. So we’re looking for some suitable plot of land to use in the future. Any takers?

I think the biggest mistake we made this war was not pushing hard enough to slay the 2nd emerald we received right on the stop. People where already logged off to do real life stuff after they had made their hits and done their ops. It lived way too long while the second dragon we sent was killed the same hour I think. That has cost us a lot of drafted soldiers and gc. Slowed down the funding of our 3th dragon and made it harder for us to train troops. Trees took that extra step and slayed the second dragon quickly as well. With their orcs of course its more easy to do but still they had to put in the time as players. That's that extra step. But I don't think that it would have changed the outcome of this war. Trees entered the war with a better setup for an OOP war then us.
    8 dragons were send in 50 hours of war. Never have seen anything like that before

Thank you and enjoy Age 88!
    Last edited by W1nd; 06-11-2020 at 22:41.

Thread Information