Thread: AGE 88 - Yr0 Stories - THE KINGDOM OF CHECKMATE

Post Fiend

AGE 88 - Yr0 Stories - THE KINGDOM OF CHECKMATE

I was wondering in a large field and pushed through some brush which turned out to be a large hedge. Upon passing through to the other side I found myself on a gigantic chessboard with with pieces in play large than any man. They moved silently but with purpose until all but one army remained. When the last moved was played all the pieces transformed in front of my eyes to their original forms of many races. The king laughed as I was so shocked at their transformation, he explained their game to me.

1) What is your kingdom and your position?
    I am monarch of Checkmate.

2) How did you find your last war? (arranged or wave)
    Arranged.

3) Who was your opponent and why did you pick them?
    Pirates 7:6. As soon as we both realized we were close together a age start war was pretty much inevitable. We have fought each other so often, over so many ages, that it was hard to resist.

4) When you run your wars, is it micro managed waves or do you have a preset plan?
    A broad plan dictated by race/personality choices and the build of the enemy, but otherwise heavily micromanaged.

5) How did you feel about your attacker choices?
    Good. Historically we like Avian as our primary attacker race as it fits with how many of us play. Very happy to have it back after last age playing Orc.

6) Did your TM choices compliment the attackers well this age?
    Too early to tell! Age start wars are dictated by offence - our TMs have not had time to shine yet.

7) What was the biggest issue your attackers faced?
    Nothing really.

8) What was the biggest issue your TMs faced?
    Age start - so poor WPA and rune shortages

9) What approach did you use on your waves? did it work?
    We smacked down their high offence players first then max gained using our attack speed to hit people multiple times in narrow windows of time.

10) How did you seal the deal?
    Kept the pressure with attackers and then the second Emerald finished them off.

11) Any honorable mentions to your kingdom mates who went above and beyond?
    Our war leader Ayntheas

12) Is there anything you would change about the 'WAR' experience in Utopia?
    Nope

13) Any final thoughts?
    Nope

Thank you and enjoy Age 88!
    Last edited by W1nd; 06-11-2020 at 22:41.

Thread Information