Thread: AGE 88 - Yr0 Stories - THE KINGDOM OF WE LIKE GREEN

Post Fiend

AGE 88 - Yr0 Stories - THE KINGDOM OF WE LIKE GREEN

I watched patiently from my vantage point from the tree line until the chaos had concluded and the enemy retreated from the field of battle. As cheers of glory erupted I was able to make my way to the side of the monarch to find out how it all went down. The king was green and he sported a long pipe which he lit with the snap of his fingers, he puffed and smiled at me then told me their story of great victory while he sat back chuckling under his breath every so often.

1) What is your kingdom and your position?
    We like Green and I am the monarch.

2) How did you find your last war? (arranged or wave)
    We got fully waved right as we got out of protection, which is exactly what we wanted. Hostile meter being raised at 100 points, we knew we could declare at any time. We waited 20 hours and we got that opportunity!

3) Who was your opponent and why did you pick them?
    The Dragons Lair was our opponent and they were on our island. They had many undeads and we have a cleric squad so we had plague protection. The fact that after 16 hours they waved another kingdom convinced us to go for it.

4) When you run your wars, is it micro managed waves or do you have a preset plan?
    We do a rough plan of who is the priority but it always end up being micro managed waves and we adapt quickly as the war progresses.

5) How did you feel about your attacker choices?
    So far I like it. We run both humans and dwarves and both have their strengths. We will see later how this performs during the age, but humans will be our offensive attackers and dwarves our defensive ones. As offensive attackers will be focused more by other kingdoms, dwarves can then shine in the second half of the war. Also, having dwarves makes us war attractive

6) Did your TM choices compliment the attackers well this age?
    Since we are still at the beginning of the age, TMs have not had the chance to perform yet. Runes are scarce and we forgot how expensive spells are because we were running elves last age! Rogues did an excellent work with the limited damage they could cause early-age.

7) What was the biggest issue your attackers faced?
    They were very vulnerable to TMs, but our opponent couldn't capitalize on that.

8) What was the biggest issue your TMs faced?
    Like stated before, it was the lack of runes. We did adapt for it mid-war by building more towers, but nobody was able to empty his mana pool.

9) What approach did you use on your waves? did it work?
    We first waved the biggest threats, but deep chaining a province that early is quite hard. We then quicky switched to max gains to control the war economy. It was our best bet and it worked wonderfully.

10) How did you seal the deal?
    I think sending 4 Steves, err, dragons (they are all named Steve) did it! We sent 3 topaz dragons in the first 24 hours, then Papa Steve came in as an Emerald. That's what controlling war economy did!

11) Any honorable mentions to your kingdom mates who went above and beyond?
    Of course! Simply everyone! We have a great kingdom, people are nice and get along super well. Shoutout to our most active players, always ready to help others on discord and helping me become a better monarch: Bounce, Gee, D0ug, Joe, Dave, MrMac, FriendlyFire, BlueFaeryDust. Shoutout to our taunt maker Cleric Salvail. Shoutout to all other KD mates who are excellent soldiers. Finally, shoutout to Raeth, founding member of the kingdom who had to take a break but who's responsible for this :slight_smile:

12) Is there anything you would change about the 'WAR' experience in Utopia?
    I would enhance both the before war and the after war experience. I'd like to have tools to setup a war more easily. I'd like to spend less time in a protected mode and see end-of-war cease-fire cut in half, but with bonuses to accelerate recovery.

13) Any final thoughts?
    I must say I am quite impressed with our kingdom. 2 ages ago it was ghetto ville with about only 7 active provinces and we killed 45 inactives. Last age we finished #7 in war score and NW. We got super lucky with the people that ended up in our kingdom!
    Pease tell me if I did not answer correctly to a question or if you need more details on an answer! English is not my first language so something I don't understand well stuff

Thank you for your time and Enjoy Age 88!

Poor dragons..
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Thread Information