Guard Captain's Log
Human Forest Garrison, WOL province
Somewhere near the Dark Forest

Sounds in the night, un holy abominations lurk in the woods beyond our firing line, archers have been getting no sleep and our scouts have not returned with any food for days. The mountain pass is closed off from an avalanche and we are cut off from our capitol city and any reinforcements or supplies. Times look grim and the men wonder if they will ever see their families again.

Later that night

Screams, and darkness, all the torches had been snuffed out. As I drew my sword I heard the men downstairs screaming in agony and steel crashing against stone and wood. Blood curdling screams continued to echo up the stairwell, I opened the door slowly, just that moment a great force pushed the door open tossing me across the room and out of the window for the tower. Landing on the snow covered ground with a loud thud, winded and bleeding I coughed blood out onto the ground and used my sword to pick myself up. Looking to the window a hooded figure had its gaze cast upon me for I could feel a sense of fear and impending doom as if death itself was looking at me. Without looking back I ran to the tree line, the only way home was through the Dark forest and around the mountain pass, north. I made the tree line and hid in the bushes gasping for breath and I spat blood out into my hand, careful not to leave too much of a trail.

somewhere in the Dark Forest

It felt like countless hours had past, wounded and fatigued from this wicked energy that invaded my very soul. I felt dizzy and stopped against a tree. I caught my breath and looked up, shocked and terrified I found myself back at the Garrison. It was in flames and crumbling from some unknown force. The bushes behind me stirred and I turned around. Eyes wide now, I am surrounded by undead and their master, the necromancer that had syphoned my very essence. I dropped my sword and the world faded to black as I fell to the ground face first into the snow. This was the end...

Posted UTOPIA NEWS
JANUARY EDITION 1 Yr 7