Human: raider

Orc: warrior
    Orc: warrior

Undead: war hero
    Undead: war hero
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Needs to get out more
    The Qualities of this Draft ~

Dark Elf heretic absorbs very few self inflicted losses resulting in Les Paul sustain.

Cleric distribution conserves runes excepting the gnome which I couldn’t resist as a combative nightmare.

Faery was used to distill vital functions because it’s clear sight/reflect magic time.

Elf doesn’t have mages fury, but their easier spells make them fearsome core obliterators.

Dwarf was waving its arms at me for the “cleric of op resistance“ artisan. Economy.

Humans for raiders might be based in just 1 item, but humans can go nuts with the stat.

So orcs and undead seem like leftovers in this strat, but you also have to regard kingdom. These provinces, because of their dynamic of vulnerability but awesome potency, make them focal to cracking big targets. In our case, this kingdom is economy rich and thus has redundant capability to preserve these heavy attackers. Conversely, if we had 3 of each of these whilst reducing 2 from the infrastructure of this draft, that’s how kingdoms run out of gas in war.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Enthusiast
    I've got half a mind to try something out virtual adjacent. The gnomes were too strong, going to need to really spread the rainbow with this draft.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananamancer2000 View Post
    I've got half a mind to try something out virtual adjacent. The gnomes were too strong, going to need to really spread the rainbow with this draft.
    I got a sense of that seeing your revised strat. If TFC nerfed faeries could knock on the door, I have to say the 88 gnome is a dominant force. It’s like accidentally being a top kingdom because your nature is such an efficient resource absorber.

For those who may not understand, it’s that I(we)want top kingdoms to have their age committed to whoring. I was never one for crapping in someone’s backyard because I strat’d well. I’m older and sympathize with players that commit to campaign gaming. For so many it was only through their carefree youth that they had the narrow window to enjoy utopia at full strength. For the older players that found campaigning to be their nostalgic addiction, I wish them great enjoyment. That fever of competition and camaraderie is the closest thing I can relate to living in the 80s. I can’t take that away from fledgling ambient glory. Even if naive, they deserve a moment of beaming. ~ That’s why I don’t run fully efficient builds ;)
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 19-11-2020 at 15:43. Reason: Learning to Spell. So is Google.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Avian Tac

For those who know what these are capable of I’m going to try to explain player type rather than what magnitude the logistics offer.

Things don’t always occur to me over periods of thinking, but sometimes just 3 seconds of epiphany. The player that gets the most out of
    avian tac is the same personality type that plays cows in war. This might seem cringe to some, but take it from a “no sleep till victory“ journeyman. I cut my teeth as an avian tac player which made top province attacker play an easier transition.

Lots of kingdoms think top province attackers are big orcs with lots of offense. I’m saying because of the activity and attention to detail requirements of playing a successful avian tac I learned how to be a top attacking province that stays on top war after war. This is not like clamming up and unleashing ops. This is having long pages of province news of enemy ops attempts, successes and enemy chain attempts while pulverizing enemies in freaky nw range. It’s like being an on/on/on Humbucker switch while most of the kingdom is doing 12 hour waves.

Avian tac is fun. Top province attacking is a responsibility. I remember getting rage mode because the turtles want me to hit a guy that’s less a threat to our top without assurances of watching my back. I hate that in people, lol. If they’d simply explain they want to leach honor off the biggie, or something, I can at least respect the communication. But my experience has taught me a lot of players are narrow field geniuses. They really had no idea I was playing tournament level activity poking my fingers in a leaking dike 24/7. They don’t understand I was a trove of kingdom zero sum resources and the reason I got there was because I did it for us. This is why I head butted the big kingdoms when they came screwing around; I got there by turning formidable enemies into sausage and showed them the grinder.

You can lead a horse to water, but can’t make him drink. Those “horses” are what make avian tac seem pedestrian. They can’t play a top province attacker. They get chained. They squander their stealth, don’t pay attention to the timing of armies and spell durations. They don’t see the nw flux and rise of fallen enemies. They can’t feel their zones or simply look at the honor chart to root out enemy miners. They’re great at other stuff, but not finishing moves.

There are certain players you hold onto like grim death. One is a great diplomat. I can’t stand them in close proximity, but admire them at reasonable distance. Another is a hyperactive. You take that hyperactive and you unleash them as rover. Even a greedy, self seeking rover will draw great benefit because that player is on your side and everything they’re taking is from your enemy. You have legions of players who love playing chain waves, and they require no retention attention. Hang on to the weirdos who are always there or love word smithing their way to getting stuff without strats.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Thread Information