Thread: Age 90 Virtual Kingdom

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Needs to get out more
    Falsehoods

“Greed fuels Ingenuity”
    “Laziness fuels Efficiency”

These are not truths, these are cargo cult dictums. I present to you, in this virtual kingdom, the groundwork I’ve done through my playing time. Why would I share how I succeed?

Because the more advanced the competition in game the more challenging. The more challenging the more I have to innovate until my aging brain can no longer process epiphany. Passing the torch to one day enlighten.

In life you learn some generalities: Evil does not create. Evil steals and lies to mock creativity. Evil will steal your ideas, lie about how they arrived at such genius and transgress against you, the true creator. - I’m using “evil” to replace “greed/laziness” because it can be applied to life, not just gaming.

To demonstrate this, right here and now, I ask you; which forum is more strategically enlightening? Is it the strategy forum, or is it the suggestions forum?

The strategy forum consists of lots of questions that are subtle in game; almost negligible impact. Those get answered. The real questions like, how do you compete with a crowning kingdom are surrounded by silence and arrogant boasting.

You see, the suggestions forum is where the tug of war can be more readily observed. Those who’d benefit from certain mechanics can’t easily manipulate the conversation outside the mechanical cog in question. It’s safe now because this forum is considered obsolete and the mechanics fervor are ancient. The point is you can see the true personality of the less virtuous as they struggle to hold onto the mechanics they honed. There’s a difference between creating and perfecting.

Jimi Hendrix is a classic example of a creator. I hear these bitter contemporaries complain “all he did was turn the volume up”. Guess what? It never occurred to the bitter contemporary because that is not creating. They, by generation, perfect upon the work of the creator and call him sloppy; but they never innovate.

This doesn’t mean innovators are good people, but they are in the 50/50 margin. The thing is that innovators in this game tend to crown when they put their mind to it, and quickly. This personality type is rare in Utopia because the game is wrought with perfectionists. When you challenge the machine of choice; that being the strategy and common core, you meet a lot of skepticism from people who never asked if there’s an alternative. They never sat down and turned the thing sideways to see if there are ways to customize their kingdom to their cultural benefit.

My way isn’t the correct way. My intent is to get you the player to reflect on the method. Logistically most of you will fail, but that’s the first rung of the ladder. Learn from your mistakes and you won’t eliminate them, but you learn where and when you can make them.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 05-02-2021 at 21:58.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information