Thread: What's utopia like these days?

What's utopia like these days?

Hi all,

I used to be a very devoted utopia player in ages 10-40 (I think?), but haven't played in well over a decade.

Can anyone tell me if this community is still active? What's the atmosphere like? Are there still massive alliances? Is IRC still used, or has Utopia fully moved to the likes of Discord as well?

Utonet IRC just shut off one day, never to be seen again. We are on discord now. Formal alliances are gone. The community is small, somewhere in the order of 2k now, but remains active if you get recruited into a competitive kd. There are still plenty of people around from your time period.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Regular
    It's pants now compared to the golden days of Utopia. Small player base of 2k players that's in decline each age usually on the back of mind-numbing changes. There are around 5 so called elite kingdoms (most of which would've been dross in the golden age) then about 15 kingdoms that are wannabe top kingdoms and then around 75 absolute ghetto's that are constantly plagued with inactives. Long of the short if you don't make a top 15/20 kingdom then the ages and dull, very dull.

Post Fiend
    The best ever.
    Last edited by awesom-o; 03-09-2021 at 19:31.

Same ol game just plagued by small player base. A mentor feature is “new” which helps with players getting sleep or real life gets in the way. Hopefully the app stream lines some things and keeps the new players that start

All tools we used to use back in the day are fully integrated into Utopia, even bot commands and events. Fpr alliances, I've seen a large scale NAP, but that's it. There are a few kds that don't war and just try to grow. The race/sub-race choice is the biggest change.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by thejudge View Post
    It's pants now compared to the golden days of Utopia. Small player base of 2k players that's in decline each age usually on the back of mind-numbing changes. There are around 5 so called elite kingdoms (most of which would've been dross in the golden age) then about 15 kingdoms that are wannabe top kingdoms and then around 75 absolute ghetto's that are constantly plagued with inactives. Long of the short if you don't make a top 15/20 kingdom then the ages and dull, very dull.
    I don't know if people use discord to argue but this forum is way to peaceful from many ages. Its not fun at all to check forum.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post
    I don't know if people use discord to argue but this forum is way to peaceful from many ages. Its not fun at all to check forum.
    Time to start play again so you can create drama! :)

Regular
    The biggest characters in the community are banned from Discord by mods. One of the reasons the player base has had such drastic decline in recent times. That and farcical changes (shout out to Hex).

Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post
    will are you can be sure
    ∙ Shadowlight ∙ A Mothers Advice ∙ Force ∙ Pansies .

Kingdom Crown Winner with Pansies, Brute Force, Sonata, Dreams
    Province Crown Winner with Brute Force

∙ Brute Force ∙ Playboys ∙. Sonata ∙ Dreams ∙ Retired .

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by awesom-o View Post
    The best ever
    we have mods now who like doggy style
    Last edited by awesom-o; 29-09-2021 at 20:54.
    Discord is for gey people.

Thread Information