Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: Age 96 suggestion megathread

  1. #1
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,076

    Age 96 suggestion megathread

    For comments.

  2. #2
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    56
    So Mystic will be the only personality to have access to MS?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    11
    Is plague coming back now that we have undeads?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    20
    My understanding from reading the proposed changes in part is that growth kds do not feel it is fair that kds that go to war and get into an EOWCF come out pumped and growth kds are at risk even by a loser of a war. Therefore the changes to the EOWCF are being proposed which doesn't give warring kds a huge boost. That is fine, adaptable, however there is nothing in the proposed changes that penalizes growth kds. You proposed the FCF penalties which would apply to growth kds, however growth kds do not care about honor and ww pts. They do however care about sciences and use sciences as a way to make their provinces more secure. If you are going to enact changes to EOWCF, then I suggest for the FCF penalty that the kd loses 5% of their sciences instead of their honor. This would make the changes in EOWCF more acceptable to warring kds if growth kds also had to give up something for not warring.

  5. #5
    Post Fiend Rockie Cantais's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    265
    Can we address the Kingdoms size? 22-25 is kind of silly when you have 1800-1900 players finishing up this age. There has been a steady decline in players part of the issue is you have to be super active or constantly tricking weaker kingdoms into war. Players want to WIN and if you can't give everyone an even chance they leave. Frankly the death hold the 25 size kingdom has on the game drives away the players who just want to have some fun. The other issue is I get is experienced players come to my kingdom all the time. They get frustrated because we are a relax warring kingdom and they can't find that hard core kingdom 'live to play'! You need 100-150 kingdoms to make this a game that people can be hard core or relaxed. Right now we are running low on Kingdom options to pick from. To be honest some of the kingdoms are like, You must go through some blood rite of death to fit in! LOL
    Before you can see the truth, you must be willing to accept it.

  6. #6
    Post Fiend Rockie Cantais's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadira View Post
    My understanding from reading the proposed changes in part is that growth kds do not feel it is fair that kds that go to war and get into an EOWCF come out pumped and growth kds are at risk even by a loser of a war. Therefore the changes to the EOWCF are being proposed which doesn't give warring kds a huge boost. That is fine, adaptable, however there is nothing in the proposed changes that penalizes growth kds. You proposed the FCF penalties which would apply to growth kds, however growth kds do not care about honor and ww pts. They do however care about sciences and use sciences as a way to make their provinces more secure. If you are going to enact changes to EOWCF, then I suggest for the FCF penalty that the kd loses 5% of their sciences instead of their honor. This would make the changes in EOWCF more acceptable to warring kds if growth kds also had to give up something for not warring.
    SECOND this issue!
    Before you can see the truth, you must be willing to accept it.

  7. #7
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    367
    Awww the unit stats for some races is still haven't reverted back to the Personalities periods before the recent changes.

    Anyways remember most race/personality combos are filtered by most monarchs, so having the core options in a well balanced manner before you add more race/personality back into the fold so your not tearing your hair off trying to manage all those options.
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead, Artisan, Raider

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Daggerfall
    Posts
    5
    Elf prisoners will have 0 nw?

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Daggerfall
    Posts
    5
    Re: comments on eowcf and growth kds:
    The eowcf changes have nothing to do with growth kingdoms. War kds stuck oow for too long are at disadvantage against war kds exiting eowcf and as a result….dodge.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYaL ASSasSIN View Post
    Re: comments on eowcf and growth kds:
    The eowcf changes have nothing to do with growth kingdoms. War kds stuck oow for too long are at disadvantage against war kds exiting eowcf and as a result….dodge.
    Then return to the 48 hr EOWCF's. We tried it for one age and people all grumbled yet its results were kds that weren't super pumped and sitting on tons of gcs. Isn't that essentially what you are saying? Its been like this for years since the 96 hour EOWCF started.
    Eliminating all bonuses of EOWCF isn't the solution. Return to the 48 hr EOWCF's we had back in the earlier ages.

  11. #11
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    367
    96hr is a bit long near the end of the age, its alright early to mid age, while 48hr is too short regardless, 72 is prob better near the end of the age than early age. Then factor in that the winner tends to use less hrs, while loser needs more hours. So why dont we do this, keep it at 96hrs but one will get a "benefit" for exiting out of EoWCF early based on amount of ticks. As to what benefit I dont know.... maybe a boost in ME or extra sci or ritual strength/duration based on the ticks left?

    But another part of the protection problem now is not enough warring kingdoms in range (especially if you warred them already or napped/cf them) so your sitting in normal more often than not while trying to get a war (note the increased the hits needed to start a war). Which leads to be waved by someone larger than you being your the closest to being in the lowest war-able NW target, maybe test out shrink kingdoms to max size of 20 with the average kingdom size goal of around 15ish.
    Last edited by RedPanda; 03-04-2022 at 19:28.
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead, Artisan, Raider

  12. #12
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    178
    The new FCF is a nice mechanic, but could we please limit it to people having the balls to wave UP in NW ?

    For 20 years, it has been disadvantageous to wave smaller KD's, but that it still what most people in the game do. Personally I'd like to see people with balls being rewarded. Just one age ?

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    96hr is a bit long near the end of the age, its alright early to mid age, while 48hr is too short regardless, 72 is prob better near the end of the age than early age. Then factor in that the winner tends to use less hrs, while loser needs more hours. So why dont we do this, keep it at 96hrs but one will get a "benefit" for exiting out of EoWCF early based on amount of ticks. As to what benefit I dont know.... maybe a boost in ME or extra sci or ritual strength/duration based on the ticks left?
    This still does not eliminate what the complaint is. The complaint is that a kd that comes oow currently is so pumped that no one else wants to war them except another kd coming oow at the same time IF they are even in range.

  14. #14
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    367
    Like I said 96 is a bit long long you get past mid age, allowing for such overpumping. If you reduce it shafts the loser side, more so the mystics that get massed/aw/propped into obvilion during the war, unless they give a bonus for EOWCF like double WPA training etc.

    That being said,"War: Will no longer have draft speed bonus, training time reduction and build time reduction (This includes End of War Ceasefire)" so that should help with the over pump problem.
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead, Artisan, Raider

  15. #15
    Needs to get out more DHaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    8,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockie Cantais View Post
    Can we address the Kingdoms size? 22-25 is kind of silly when you have 1800-1900 players finishing up this age. There has been a steady decline in players part of the issue is you have to be super active or constantly tricking weaker kingdoms into war. Players want to WIN and if you can't give everyone an even chance they leave. Frankly the death hold the 25 size kingdom has on the game drives away the players who just want to have some fun. The other issue is I get is experienced players come to my kingdom all the time. They get frustrated because we are a relax warring kingdom and they can't find that hard core kingdom 'live to play'! You need 100-150 kingdoms to make this a game that people can be hard core or relaxed. Right now we are running low on Kingdom options to pick from. To be honest some of the kingdoms are like, You must go through some blood rite of death to fit in! LOL
    Apparently, they've stated they will never lower kd size, which is just more evidence of how bad they are at running the game. A blanket definitive statement like that is poor management on all levels.

    Adding my thoughts: It should be dropped to 20 at a minimum. Some consideration should even be given to 15.
    Last edited by DHaran; 03-04-2022 at 23:37.
    < I moderate drinkly >
    || #tactics <- Click Me! || Utopia Wiki || utopiasupport@utopia-game.com || Utopia Blog || Utopia on Facebook ||

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •