Thread: Age 96 suggestion megathread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    Apparently, they've stated they will never lower kd size, which is just more evidence of how bad they are at running the game. A blanket definitive statement like that is poor management on all levels.

Adding my thoughts: It should be dropped to 20 at a minimum. Some consideration should even be given to 15.
    I was thinking 15 with the amount of players and could be raised if the numbers go up. (the 25 kd will cry a river!) We have warred the same kingdom twice sometimes in one age. Throw up hands and say insanity is doing the same thing expecting it to get better! The race personality half/race thing isn't that important but it seems it is to some. Not sure whats wrong with the new way but whatever. The game mechanics seems a bit screwy in all the years how do you get 1 million NW on the other kingdom in 2 days? We have been on both sides of that and I scratch my head! The one thing I do like is doing away with everyone converting leets.
    Before you can see the truth, you must be willing to accept it.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockie Cantais View Post
    I was thinking 15 with the amount of players and could be raised if the numbers go up. (the 25 kd will cry a river!) We have warred the same kingdom twice sometimes in one age. Throw up hands and say insanity is doing the same thing expecting it to get better! The race personality half/race thing isn't that important but it seems it is to some. Not sure whats wrong with the new way but whatever. The game mechanics seems a bit screwy in all the years how do you get 1 million NW on the other kingdom in 2 days? We have been on both sides of that and I scratch my head! The one thing I do like is doing away with everyone converting leets.
    Well your forgetting the other problem is that 'is there enough people who can "lead" a kingdom?' which is normally a short supply.

Forcing ill mannered players to be monarchs, that cant lead nor predict the flow of war or the basics of targeting will also make people lose interest faster than the status quo. We want the people who retired from leading to come back, those who are newer but can lead to step up, and hopefully ibeing there are more kingdoms it will allow newer never been monarchs to follow more of a variety of players to learn from. (super 25man kingdoms usually wont have any newbies in there to learn given the fact usually they are all oldies)

15man is the perfect "minimum" You have to factor in the maximum which I am promoting for 20. That and usually there will always be "randoms/disgruntled/inactive" movement of players, so you have to add in variability so a 15man will be more of a 10-14man. With a 10 man kingdom, forget about casting a ritual if they are all newbies. A 20max will be more around 14-19 players, which is pretty decent and thats what most of middle sized kingdoms are currently.

That and doing it straight out of the blue and by a large amount does nothing but make people pissed especially if you revert it back in the following age. This isnt simple change, but more similar with core mechanics changes that takes a few ages to even get down, and players need to adjust for at least a few ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockie Cantais View Post
    Need all kingdoms to be at the same top out of players. It went to 20 once and it even went to 25 once but it never worked. You can close the border but it cost the kingdom. OK now you can't close the border, OK now you can close the border again! Or did I dream all that? after all these years and changes it burrrrs really bad! I have maintain a Core of 10-15 players each age. Still the issue is the amount of kingdoms cause we need more to get wars in. They know the issue but the Top kingdoms with 25 are considered the CORE kingdom players of the game and it seems the get more of a say! If they are spending the money to do special things and such, it is what it is. Point is to save the game you need more kingdoms and bit more uncontrolled CHOAS!
    Well if there are MORE kingdoms, there is MORE of a chance of getting more money given the fact each kingdom is its own possible income stream. A 25 man might have a larger income per kingdom given it is stacked with 25 players, but is lower in possible revenue if you compare to on a player+kingdom volume viewpoint.
    Last edited by RedPanda; 05-04-2022 at 16:41.
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead, Artisan, Raider

Thread Information