Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Man, I miss the forums

  1. #1
    Needs to get out more DHaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    8,390

    Man, I miss the forums

    Discord is a cesspool of idiocy. It's a terrible channel to deliver any suggestions or meaningful conversation because it's just just immediately drowned out by the vapid responses of super active morons. There's no way to even follow a conversation on a single topic; at least on the forums we could browse topics that piqued our interest. And on the forums you could research other threads and comments from users to find out if they're worth listening to or if they are just the loudest of the nubs or trolls. The game is trash because of a combination of poor management and the community being moved to a communication method not designed for the kind of conversations it needs.
    < I moderate drinkly >
    || #tactics <- Click Me! || Utopia Wiki || utopiasupport@utopia-game.com || Utopia Blog || Utopia on Facebook ||

  2. #2
    Sir Postalot Pillz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sinners NA
    Posts
    3,312
    Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    Discord is a cesspool of idiocy. It's a terrible channel to deliver any suggestions or meaningful conversation because it's just just immediately drowned out by the vapid responses of super active morons. There's no way to even follow a conversation on a single topic; at least on the forums we could browse topics that piqued our interest. And on the forums you could research other threads and comments from users to find out if they're worth listening to or if they are just the loudest of the nubs or trolls. The game is trash because of a combination of poor management and the community being moved to a communication method not designed for the kind of conversations it needs.
    Youre entirely right. Several years late to the party. Discord was the worst thing to happen to the game.

    RIP utonet

    Also DHordor why don't you ghetto with us, and leave the muga server entirely.

  3. #3
    Needs to get out more DHaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    8,390
    Who are you ghettoing with? I have Spheric, Cartis^, Belle, Shamus, and _greenie with me. Inactive as hell.
    < I moderate drinkly >
    || #tactics <- Click Me! || Utopia Wiki || utopiasupport@utopia-game.com || Utopia Blog || Utopia on Facebook ||

  4. #4
    Sir Postalot Pillz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sinners NA
    Posts
    3,312
    Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    Who are you ghettoing with? I have Spheric, Cartis^, Belle, Shamus, and _greenie with me. Inactive as hell.
    Bishop
    Shockwave
    MA
    Frank
    Feyr
    Others

    Also inactive

  5. #5
    Needs to get out more DHaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    8,390
    I thought Shockie was playing in a kd that was trying; isn't that the same kd Belle left to come ghetto with me? lol
    < I moderate drinkly >
    || #tactics <- Click Me! || Utopia Wiki || utopiasupport@utopia-game.com || Utopia Blog || Utopia on Facebook ||

  6. #6
    Sir Postalot Pillz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sinners NA
    Posts
    3,312
    Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    I thought Shockie was playing in a kd that was trying; isn't that the same kd Belle left to come ghetto with me? lol
    I think they wanted to try but it didn't work out. 25 provs to 17. Jss & mod both died of inactivity. Sad times.

  7. #7
    Needs to get out more DHaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    8,390
    But Smiles told me no kingdom would want me and that I'm a nobody and he's a top tier pro because he's been playing for 5 whole years :(
    < I moderate drinkly >
    || #tactics <- Click Me! || Utopia Wiki || utopiasupport@utopia-game.com || Utopia Blog || Utopia on Facebook ||

  8. #8
    Dear Friend Korp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,830
    Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    But Smiles told me no kingdom would want me and that I'm a nobody and he's a top tier pro because he's been playing for 5 whole years :(
    Well its Steel that wants you, not exactly some top notch quality player ;)

  9. #9
    Sir Postalot Pillz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sinners NA
    Posts
    3,312
    Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    But Smiles told me no kingdom would want me and that I'm a nobody and he's a top tier pro because he's been playing for 5 whole years :(
    Smiles is trash though

  10. #10
    Director of Age Changes Avenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    1,907
    Now kiss.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

  11. #11
    Forum Fanatic Syntico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,204
    Forums still up. Cool. :)
    ∙ Shadowlight ∙ A Mothers Advice ∙ Force ∙ Pansies .

    Kingdom Crown Winner with Pansies, Brute Force, Sonata, Dreams
    Province Crown Winner with Brute Force


    ∙ Brute Force ∙ Playboys ∙. Sonata ∙ Dreams ∙ Retired .

  12. #12
    Dear Friend Korp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,830
    Syntico still alive, check.

  13. #13
    Member Drunk Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    Discord is a cesspool of idiocy. It's a terrible channel to deliver any suggestions or meaningful conversation because it's just just immediately drowned out by the vapid responses of super active morons. There's no way to even follow a conversation on a single topic; at least on the forums we could browse topics that piqued our interest. And on the forums you could research other threads and comments from users to find out if they're worth listening to or if they are just the loudest of the nubs or trolls. The game is trash because of a combination of poor management and the community being moved to a communication method not designed for the kind of conversations it needs.
    This is the problem with many forums drifting over to Discord.

    It's hard to research old issues, keep track of conversations, etc.

  14. #14
    Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Dragon View Post
    This is the problem with many forums drifting over to Discord.

    It's hard to research old issues, keep track of conversations, etc.
    Is there any working simulation link nowadays?

  15. #15
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,077
    Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    Discord is a cesspool of idiocy. It's a terrible channel to deliver any suggestions or meaningful conversation because it's just just immediately drowned out by the vapid responses of super active morons. There's no way to even follow a conversation on a single topic; at least on the forums we could browse topics that piqued our interest. And on the forums you could research other threads and comments from users to find out if they're worth listening to or if they are just the loudest of the nubs or trolls. The game is trash because of a combination of poor management and the community being moved to a communication method not designed for the kind of conversations it needs.
    Discord now has a forum feature if that helps

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •