Thread: Why does utopia force KD merges?

Why does utopia force KD merges?

This is the 2nd ago in a row where our KD is forced to merge with another random KD. It completely ruins the start of the ago, maybe consider an additional option in preference just for the Monarch to accept or decline forced mergers at the start of the age

Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    This is the 2nd ago in a row where our KD is forced to merge with another random KD. It completely ruins the start of the ago, maybe consider an additional option in preference just for the Monarch to accept or decline forced mergers at the start of the age
    This has been happening for at least 30 ages now. It's to give kingdoms the chance to 'compete' as it were, rather than being stuck with handful of provinces.

Usually you contact support during freeze when it becomes and issue and they can relocate you to a new shell.

This doesn't require excel sheets or nerding out to understand. It's also not an appropriate topic for General Talk, which is for non-Utopia related discussions. This would normally fall under 'Suggestions'.

I have to say I entirely agree with this out place post; forced mergers are stupid without at least offering a preage option to decline it. Making a super ghetto from two micro ghettos instead of just lowering kingdom size (as has been needed for years) is just idiocy of the highest level. Having to contact support to keep your own kingdom intact is a hilariously inept game function.
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    I have to say I entirely agree with this out place post; forced mergers are stupid without at least offering a preage option to decline it. Making a super ghetto from two micro ghettos instead of just lowering kingdom size (as has been needed for years) is just idiocy of the highest level. Having to contact support to keep your own kingdom intact is a hilariously inept game function.
    Lowering KD size is a ludicrous idea.
    Leaders won't multiple with the kds you create.

We already don't have enough, which is the primary reason truly awful ghettos exist.

You'll never create more leaders by hoarding the best players in a handful of kds. At least breaking them up even a little bit spreads some talent around and possible exposes more kds to better play. That's the only way new leaders get made. If new leaders can't be made, might as well delete the game anyway.

Edit: I don't have the time to lead a kd of 25 by myself and be competitive. But I bet I could lead a kd of 15 solo with way less effort needed and be pretty effective.
    S E C R E T S

You'll never create more leaders by hoarding the best players in a handful of kds. At least breaking them up even a little bit spreads some talent around and possible exposes more kds to better play. That's the only way new leaders get made. If new leaders can't be made, might as well delete the game anyway.

Edit: I don't have the time to lead a kd of 25 by myself and be competitive. But I bet I could lead a kd of 15 solo with way less effort needed and be pretty effective.
    Seems contra productive, its not like those players if they will split up will just start their own kds, more likely they would quit cause playing with friends was the only glue that held them together. This would perhaps worked when the game was still prospering but not now. People that dont lead atm has no interest in leading simply put.

There are players out there who would be more willing to lead a more manageable kingdom size with a better chance at being competitive. I know this to be a fact, because I am one of those players. It's tiresome recycling slots 18-25 every single age, especially when they are 100% nubs who need to be taught from the ground up.
    S E C R E T S

There are players out there who would be more willing to lead a more manageable kingdom size with a better chance at being competitive. I know this to be a fact, because I am one of those players. It's tiresome recycling slots 18-25 every single age, especially when they are 100% nubs who need to be taught from the ground up.
    You don't know this, because you haven't played since like 2014. And your last several ages were in retirement kds.

Genesis is a tiny server for a reason.

Secondary point: taking 2 kingdoms that had leaders and smashing them together to fight for control will also turn off one or both both leaders from wanting to even continue leading, particularly the one who loses control.
    S E C R E T S

Secondary point: taking 2 kingdoms that had leaders and smashing them together to fight for control will also turn off one or both both leaders from wanting to even continue leading, particularly the one who loses control.
    But ruining/punishing kds for the sake of you being lazy would be perfectly fine?

No idea what you're trying to say there.
    S E C R E T S

Thread Information