Preface:

Before I begin, I wanted to state that this is purely out of character of me, in more than one way. In my mind, this has always been a place that is separate from the realm of personal beliefs, ideas, and so forth. But recently, I've come to believe that it's never that simple.

I've been on these boards a long time, and I've probably spent time on hiatus for even longer periods, and I've found that the reasons that I cannot write are the same in their psychological base for the reasons that I enjoy writing. I write, as a form of catharsis, as well as a form of developing a deeper understanding of who I am. If I cannot write, then it is a matter of realizing that I cannot write because I do not understand the reasons that impede my creativity on countless levels.

And I am writing now upon the realization of this, in a full-hearted attempt to combat my psychological impediments and grow in a manner that exceeds who I am now.

Now. The relevance to this thread.

I always believed in the existence of individuals that are simply exceptional to the majority. This exceptionality is individual, in itself, and I do not care to clarify for the sake of corrupting its vague nature. I write, to explore the archetypes of the heroes that I believe in. The characters, that I hope to find in myself, so that I too might demonstrate some virtue that is exceptional.

I am not the most talented writer on these boards, but every time I do write, I can proudly say that there is some fiber of my being invested in every line of ink on the page. That I bleed myself upon these boards in order to truly live and breathe. And when I could not write, it was because I was scared to live up to my own ideals. I needed affirmation of my beliefs outside the realm of writing in order to return to it.

In terms of this thread, I only hope to explore precisely what I've always done. To define the significance of the epic, as a tale that envelops the very pit of our own being. And more importantly, to inspire the same from others. And together, be a part of something that perpetually sparks joy and brilliance within ourselves. To challenge each other in tests that we could never perform upon ourselves.

In other words. This thread is me. As usual, I hope to advance a plot that resonates within myself, but I hope for every form of diversion. I expect the plot to change and grow beyond whatever I initially imagine. It's frustrating for me, to say the least, yet it is inspiring and emboldens me in a way that I would never achieve writing my own story and for that, I always have you fellow players and writers to thank.

Follow along the scheme that I've laid out for a while. And when the time comes, I shall lay down my usual ground rules and give a little more basic background. But, please, give it consideration, and hopefully you will join me.