Katsumoto entered the conference room, paying only the briefest glance to the mirrors before turning his attention to Linus Gregor. Each person had their own taste, and while the mirrors weren't Katsumoto's flavor, he wouldn't question how another man decorates his establishment. He sat in a rather fine chair at the conference table on the opposite end from Gregor, listening patiently to his tip-toeing around the real matter. He made some veiled threats, but even if his people could sneak up on and kill Yamato Jun, Katsumoto would not be bereft of his power.

In the end, Katsumoto interpreted only one thing from Gregor's offer. "I think, Mr. Gregor, I will need more information as to your intentions before I exchange my company's research. You see, my position allows me access to any restricted files, but the company's security systems keep logs of who accesses what files and when. They can't be hacked, deleted, or changed. The reasons are obvious, but my point is, if this research goes out to create something destructive and it is revealed the components are of Eclipse design, it is only my name that will be registered as having accessed the necessary files.

"In short, I cannot take the risk without knowing the benefits, or the result. Eclipse Futuristics employs tens of thousands of people across the country and in Japan. I cannot afford to let the company drown. It is a legitimate research firm, Mr. Gregor, not simply a cartel. The advancements we've made in the last five years could lead to a technological revolution in the next ten. I stand to lose much, you see. I do not doubt your intentions, nor will I necessarily refuse your offer. I respect your privacy, and value my own, but I must know more before I can make a decision."

Katsumoto folded his hands on the table in front of him, "If you wish, we can adjourn until tomorrow, however, I'm more of a to-the-point kind of businessman. You tell me what information you need, and I'll ask you what I need to know before exchanging it."