Xavier cleared his throat, and continued eating, ignoring Cyradis' comment for a moment. "I was here first." He twirled his fork around his finger before sitting on his plate. He thought back on the memory for a moment, then pulled out his journal. He thumbed through a few pages, not able to recall exactly what the events leading up to his induction into the crew were. "Ah, here it is." He cleared his throat again. "Today I wandered into this town. My journey has been long and tedious. Desert is not fun. Make sure you remember that." He chuckled to himself. "Oh you. This city seems nice, it's awfully busy, I might get used to it. I saw an Engineer-For-Hire poster on a bulletin board, it seems that the ship, Requiem Dawn, has a broken flight mechanism. Maybe I should remedy this."

He closed the journal. "That refreshes my memory. I came into the city during my journey, it was right after my tango with a group of nomad's in the Derashi Desert." He shuddered at the thought. "There was a note posted by Gabe, the engine they were using at the time was out of commission. I talked to him, and after showing him some of my skills... most of the ship is the way it is now because of yours truly."

He took a bite of his food, swallowed, and continued. "I'd say I've been here about... thirteen months now? Just a smidgen over a year."