Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moderator for:
    Utopia Kingdoms
    Legends of Zork
    Earth
    Utopia

Exclamation ***Very Important Announcement!!!***

I know I haven't been around long, and I know you don't know me. But I genuinely want to help you get what you need to keep this game operational, functional, and enjoyable. So in the interest of one big, last-ditch, all-out attempt to improve things, I beg your indulgence.

I propose a temporary ceasefire while I attempt to get you some answers.

Several of you have taken the battle to the main Jolt forums and are either banned or are on the verge of being banned. While I may not agree with your tactics, I definitely do not agree with the way you're being gagged... but that is not within my control. Surprisingly, it's not even in the control of some of the people doing the banning/moving/deleting. Both sides are miffed and have dug in their heels, and we effectively have a stalemate on our hands.

I propose the following:

1) We (Utopians) will stop disrupting the main Jolt forums and take a chill pill for a period of 1 week.

2) We (Utopians) will come up with a short list of non-judgmental questions we need answered.

3) I will do my level best to get us our answers before the week is up.

4) We understand that we may not like the answers, but we will at least GET some... and from there we try to get a decent line of communication going. No more forum wars, no more being ignored.

What do you think? Can we agree to these terms? Can we come up with a short list (say 4 - 5) relevant questions for me to send on? I'm only posting on this board, so please use your contacts to direct other players here. I think we can resolve this if we want to... but it'll take a community effort.

========EDIT===============

Here are the questions I sent on to be answered:

1. Is Utopia in active development at this time?

2. What does Jolt need from the community to keep Utopia running?

3. Is there any way the community could assist in the moderation/development of the game?

4. Is there any plan in place to facilitate linking Utopia back to the main Jolt forums? What is required by Jolt to make this happen?

5. How can we better manage communication between the community and the developers?

6. Are there plans in place to improve lag/ticking/detection and deletion of scripts/cheaters??

7. Is there a plan in place to promote Utopia (Classic) to attract more players?
    Last edited by Patience; 18-03-2010 at 17:16. Reason: Added final questions

Thread Information