OOC: Sorry for the wait Zran..

IC: From the tone in Amateira's voice Jade had a feeling that the promise meant everything to her. She sighed in defeat and looked Amateira straight into her eyes.

"Relax. Spare your strength," Jade said soothingly while stroking the top of Amateira's head when the girl seemed to grow agitated. "I promise that when the day comes and your spirit moves on, I will do what I can to follow your wishes," she said truthfully. "But I also promise that day is not today. You understand me?"

She could only hope that her last promise was not a lie. The wound was closed for now, but if they didn't get back to the ship where she could properly clean and sew it, it would become infected and start to fester. Amateira had lost a lot of blood and she doubted the girl was strong enough to fight off an aggressive infection and the fever that would most likely follow. However for it to come that far they first needed to survive this fight which was far from over.

<What is she doing?> she heard Jasper mumble to himself, and she followed his gaze to Sephara. He looked as if he wanted to draw closer, but he didn't. Instead he stood watching over them with his sword ready in his hands. It seemed as if the fight had moved away from them. It moved across the floor like a large wave, back and forth. At least for now we are safe, Jade thought and couldn't help but to feel releaved even if the same thought made her feel guilty. She knew very well that it meant that her shipmates and friends were the ones caught in battle instead of her. She felt a great gratitude towards them that grew stronger inside for each second. Without them she would have died long ago. She owed them her life.

<You would not even be here if it weren't for them> Jasper said, almost as if he had read her mind.

"Stop that," she said, too tired to argue with him. "Please, just stop."

Amateira gave her an odd look, but Jade merely gave her a faint smile in return.
"The bleeding has stopped now," she told her instead of giving her an explanation to what she just had said. "But you must be very still, so it will not open again."

All of a sudden a bright flash almost blinded her and she covered her eyes with her arm. When the light had faded away it seemed almost darker than before. The large chamber had grown silent and still. As soon as her eyes had adjusted to the dim light that remained she saw people moving here and there, hearing the soft words of first Cyradis and Arch, and then later the others. It brought hope to her heart. Was it finished? Did this mean they had survived? With more energy than she felt she stood up and quickly started to scan the room for injuries. Moving around she suddenly felt cold. The loss of her shirt had not bothered her before, but now when the adrenaline began to fade away her body seemed to react to the cold air against her naked skin.

Amateira was still her largest concern when she reached the Captain.

"I need to bring Amateira back to the ship as soon as possible," she told Gabe with more authority in her voice than she had ever belived she could muster. "She has suffered a great injury and it needs to be treated properly."