Thread: Questions about the USA Revolution

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Questions about the USA Revolution

I recently was thinking how in the USA Civl War the North used the propaganda of freeing slaves. I was thinking about this when I learned how England offered the Slaves freedom as well, during the USA Revolutionary War. I also think about how Slavery was abolished in England well before it was in the USA. I Also think the Canada is better in many way then the USA. I think the Native Americans would have been treated better had England won the war, and, I take notice of the fact that most Natives sided with England, because, they had the same ver thought. I Think that history also bares this out by the historically better treatment Canada gave them.

So in short, for propaganda purposes or otherwise I see it this way:

The Revolutionary War was the colonists

vs

The Loyalists and the Slaves, and the Native Americans.

Furthermore I think most of the colonists were only tricked, and, so, in all actual fact, it only benefited a few rich people.

So my Question is: was it a good thing or a bad thing? My thoughts are it was bad. I would have favoured staying with the British in the same way Canada and India did. I think things would have been better if in todays age we were a part of the British Common wealth with home rule.
    Last edited by khronosschoty; 27-05-2012 at 02:18.

Thread Information