There is probably no chance of my province being revived, or of our war records being restored. But maybe I can shed some light on my side of the story, and let you guys all form your own opinions.

We were looking for war (as we always are). We had given the button to two nearby kds, both who had sent us a CF. Once the CF was sent, we stopped attacks. Those kds that we were hostile with were not opping us, so we didn't feel rushed to sign those CFs. After all they had the button on us, so why would we sign the CF and take that away?
Then we noticed Pyschosis, they were 10.6m NW while we were 9.6m. At the time we were 7/7 with 25 players and they were 0/2 with 21. If a war were to break out between our two kingdoms, I'd say any one of us here would agree that we would win it. But why should that stop us from trying? After all, our goal for the age was to accumulate 10 wars in total. The fact that we've won all of them has just been a bonus. So we waved into Psychosis and gave them button. Their initial reaction was to send us a CF. Again, we were not quick to sign it. We just handed them the button, why would we take it back so soon?

Psychosis monarch and their players did some discussion. Their kd size put them in a position in the rankings where they were likely to lose against any kd that they warred with. I think they knew that, and I certainly reminded them of it. After further discussion, their monarch Majig approached me saying that their kd would agree to war us (even though they would likely lose, which he admits), as long as we agreed to only send 1 dragon each, not make more than 4 attacks per province, and to avoid purely destructive ops (NS/prop, instead we did a lot of kidnaps and resource stealing). They also indicated that they wanted to finish war 'up' in acres.

From my perspective, as a monarch leading a kd with the goal of getting 10 wars, I said whatever any other monarch would say to get war started: Sure lets start this thing! There was no way they would finish up in acres, and neither did we agree to exchange acres for a WW. So war was declared by Psychosis and lasted around 55 hours. During the start of war we dominated them. Mostly just spread max gains around and we took the NW and acre lead early. At about the 24 hour mark, we decided we wanted to try some new things and bring down their 6k+ acre halfer. All of our armies were used on bouncing and conquesting that halfer until we dropped him below 2k acres. At this point, we began looking at the rankings and trying to decide who would be our next war target and if we could start planning for them now. We were about 63k acres and we were looking at a target that was 58k acres. So we started using in-war learns on their monarch, to limit our acre intake and also put pressure on him to surrender.

They surrendered, we shook hands and moved on.

We have had 8 wars this age so far against the following opponents (in order): Soviet Russia, MOF, Ghetto Warlords, Unsullied, LIARS, Evil Dragons, Noobies Don't Bite, Psychosis. Every single war had been agreed upon in advance (besides LIARS and ED, liars waved into our active hostile and ED had their grudge), with all wars having set terms. Terms range anywhere from: who gives the button, what time war is declared, how a winner will be decided, no chaining below X acres, etc. This 8th war of ours against Psychosis was no different.

I guess the trend in utopia is more towards being a dick than being decent. The entire server watched Evil Dragons use hostile diplomacy against us when they waved us for 4 days, razekilled an elf, and warred us for 9 days. As soon as I try to use 'polite' diplomacy, we get provs deleted and rankings reset. I can understand Sig's viewpoint on why the player base here is dwindling.

Over the course of the age Debauchery has made some enemies. This is a war game after all, we don't expect everyone to love us. Many of you got gold stolen from us and possibly have a bias against us for that reason. Are the moderators biased? Obviously I can provide no hard evidence, but I would certainly think so. As for the messages that Bishop/Palem/Dharan have made in both this thread and in the Evil Dragons thread about it, it is pretty clear that all those mods dislike us. Would this influence their decision to reset our record and kill my prov? They say no, but cmon, we are all human there is no way that emotions were not involved.

Will this mishap slow us down at all? No, not at all. Sure we lost my prov and the record, but we play this game for fun not just for our spot in the charts in the archives page. Yes, we did get robbed of the crown we were on track to get, but then again everyone here believes "war win/honour ranking is broken anyway". Might I make a suggestion of just removing the war win/honour rankings all together? While we are at it, we might as well remove honour and wars entirely from the game! My understanding is that the only crowns are for land/nw anyways, so maybe next age can be the Age of the Explorer and all kingdoms can have mandatory NAPS with each other and we can log twice a day to explore and dice.

Lastly, does everyone here agree that the punishment is just? I am fine losing my province, but having the record set to 0/0 is way over the top! If one war was deemed a 'fake-war', shouldn't our record be 7/8? This is just another indication that the moderators making these decisions have a strong bias against us.