Quote Originally Posted by s0830887 View Post
Don't die - I just came back!

Can I offer my insight as someone who has been completely away from the game for half a decade and who wasn't/isn't interested in the politics of it anyway? The one thing that has stood out to me in the two months I've been back is how much bickering and depression there is around these forums. Everyone is always complaining about everything. You're complaining about the game potentially ending but you're complaining about the changes and saying you want to quit. It's a free game. Make up your mind. Not to mention the incessant arguments about deal-breaking this, and he called me that, and farming them. This is a war game - why make CF's and stuff anyway? Surely it's a) against the spirit of the game, and b) asking for trouble anyway? And everyone seems to hate that kind of deal-breaking stuff happens to them yet they do it to everyone else, and you all seem so depressed.

Cheers up; this is an awesome game that has existed for more than a decade. There are so many ways to play it and there's loads of variety. Enjoy it. You all obviously love this game or you wouldn't spend so much time around here. Maybe people will start coming back and playing if the more senior players here are more welcoming and friendly instead of just this constant bickering and doom-and-gloom that seems to pervade around here.
The easiest solution is to remove these forums.