Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
Run the numbers and come back. You'll find that the human needs 1.5-2k BPA to match their numbers. The pop bonus and TPA/WPA bonuses are huge for relmil.
I ran numbers before last age. Specifically, I was looking at whether Humans can put up the offense to be able to hit defensive provinces, which is a common requirement for warring at the low-level wars where I've been fighting. Humans can put up offenses that are good enough to break Halfers clean with the right preparation, and pretty effective at doubling other attackers. Halflings in the same position cannot put up effective offense, to say nothing about Elves and Faeries.
Turtle attacker can't really be played by non-growth kingdoms, like the entire bottom 200 or however low number of kingdoms are left in the game. Some can try and do alright, but at ghetto level it's basically t/ms and high offense attackers with no middle ground. Human in that place has the unique characteristic of being able to arrange their army for high offense without necessarily lacking defense. Only Dwarf competes in that niche.