Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
Stratocastle, there are not as many leaders in this game as there are monarchs.
Agreed, and that's not a thing for monarchs to be ashamed of.

~ Of Game Progression ~

One is the ability to relinquish a grip on things not understood and observe the primary questions: the 5 W's.

The others, including myself, are those who don't require central authority to function but don't want to lead.

The complexities are in team function. For instance, I'll happily operate with as many independent players as are willing to play independently. This is a qualitative aspect and can't be reflected in kingdom province numbers. Thus I'm happiest in micro-kingdoms or solo-shell adventuring. The ideal being, leadership by default with the understanding everybody can hold up their end and that shared conclusions can be drawn to ape organized kingdom strategy.

My pragmatic approach is The Virtual Kingdom in that it offers organizational roots, presses culture over strat with a median independence ratio of 5 provinces/division. My reasoning behind intentional culture is so the player base has a relatable foundation, like The Faery Circle or SPGC. That the players can be reconstituted through the ages with a reliable recruiting premise. The idiosyncrasy in this case is to attract 5 players who work well together in each division rather than the whole of 25 that seek to plug-a-province into a hardened strat. It's not meant to be superior, but an alternative.