Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
I'm sorry but...wut? Lol

Original trilogy did plenty of that. They threw in the token black guy. They pushed their strong female lead. They had random characters throughout to help reach a wider audience. They threw in ewalks for the kids.

People hold the original trilogy to way too high of a standard. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but they deserve just as much criticism as the other movies.
Hmmmm false, main characters fit into the story. They didn't randomly throw characters in that make little to no sense to the story. Also big difference was Disney bought a already wrote Star Wars universe that after the movies had a complete book series telling the official Star Wars story. They not only threw away this entire universe but have turned it into ****. Lando wasn't just a token black guy in the original and played a big role in the book series. Lea a general is just laughable, ray a random girl is powerful in the force? Force was a genetic thing that was passed from generation to generation. Why everyone thought her parents must have been someone. Also they made Luke Skywalker look like a b*tch, in what world would Star Wars fans accept that. Overall it was a bad movie acting wise, script wise, but worse yet it defied every thing that makes star wars unique. Kinda like if someone bought Star Trek and made the federation blood hungry warriors and Klingons peace loving flower picking good guys. It just doesn't fit, rant over.