Thread: Razing

Razing

Hi im newish to the game so im wondering if someone can tell me what situation raze is supposed to be used in?

I experimented today by razing someone i razed only half the land i would have gained from TM i might as well have plundered them it would have stolen more gc than it would require to rebuild the buildings. So can someone tell me what situation you would use raze in?

Enthusiast
    Welcome to Utopia!

For your question, I've only used it to killing off inactives in my own Kingdom.
    During War it only razes buildings so it's not so usefull and as you mentioned Out of War hits doesn't do alot of damage.

Raze is useless for the most part. OOW (out of war), it can be used to hit way smaller provinces as the effect is unaffected by NW difference. But as you observed, the base effect is quite small (around 5%). During war it can be useful to destroy buildings sometimes, but the effect is quite low and rarely worth it. In theory, a way overgrown province could use raze with some effect if massacre isn't useful in the situation. Even then, bottomfeeding for land would usually be better.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Raze is pretty much useless, OOW razes set aside (and that's because of a bug).

Thread Information