Thread: Science pump

Post Fiend

Science pump

As a dwarf sage that plans to go science heavy, I had planned to run a few schools through most of the age that I am not in a war, while keeping a medium research rate.

Would it be more efficient to just do one really heavy pump then ditch schools for good?
    Growth won't be much of a factor, we plan to stay under 2k acres and war.

Schools just protect science or make it cheaper.

Better to run Banks instead to generate more income so you generate more books.

Schools won't make much difference unless you are running a large number of them and are doing one of the high levels of science levels.

Regular
    If you plan to keep below 2k acres, why not?

Enthusiast
    Why not what?

Post Fiend
    I'd say yes, my protection strat, probably not the best.. Is 33% banks, 33% schools as a human sage. Planning on bumpin my science research up high.

Humans are like a shepard without the personality heh

Post Fiend
    Not many definitive answers, lol.
    Ill prolly end up pumping for a while since i always reach the goal size faster than some of my KD,may as well let them catch up.

i'd say it depends on your overal economy. pumping is quick, but costs a dear penny and it's not that easy to pump at the highest 2 rates. the new science system seem to favor long term investments. have u concidered having libraries instead of schools? not from the very beginning of course. build them when the'll have an actual effect. building them will imediately boost all of your economy and thus u'll be able to go into higher lvl of research. theoretically

Regular
    I'll rather go for schools and banks for pumping and libraries are after the pump. Maybe for the time of pumping elites whereby you can raze some of your farms and towers to build it as arms and banks.

It is going to harder for Dwarf to achieve very good science, as they cannot steal very well, and therefore can't afford extreme research...

I would not go all banks, as the +%income bonus slow down at higher %acres. It depends how much you're allocating to both areas, if it's low like 20% - all banks, if it's 40%, I'd have 10-15% Schools, as bonus from banks drops and you can benefit more in researching with Schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    i'd say it depends on your overal economy. pumping is quick, but costs a dear penny and it's not that easy to pump at the highest 2 rates. the new science system seem to favor long term investments. have u concidered having libraries instead of schools? not from the very beginning of course. build them when the'll have an actual effect. building them will imediately boost all of your economy and thus u'll be able to go into higher lvl of research. theoretically
    Libraries are not very good if you don't have extremely good science and it's more variable especially when you are in war, and the % drops due to barren lands and getting hit, best if you avoid it..

but agreed that it depends on your overall economy... try not to be like other dwarf who draft so much their BE is only 100%, try and keep it over 120%!

Post Fiend
    Yea libs won't be part of my build unless I manage insane science.
    And I love BE, I'll keep it high ;)

Thread Information