Thread: Who took my shiny coins? Question about thieving

Who took my shiny coins? Question about thieving

If someone has no WT and you dont get caught thieving can that person know who has been thieving? Is thier always a small chance they will know who it was or not?

in theory yes if they had Shadowlight cast, it will reveal the province doing the op without hindering it. i -dont- think there is any "small chance" of them knowing anyway if they're not caught.

you know those "my lord we have failed.. type msg... if we re lucky our theives wont tell on us" those most likley do ;P
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling,
    but in rising every time we fall

if you dont fail, they will never know.

Yes, identity can be revealed without WT or Shadowlight.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Since there is already a thread about thieving, I might as well ask it here.

How many thieves do you sent for int ops? I couldn't find a formula for it.
    is something like 30 or 1000 better?
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein

Enthusiast
    I usually send 10. SOMs will be inaccurate but there are calculaters out there to figure out the exact defense with 2 SOMs. As for the other intel ops 10 ensures that you don't lose thieves on failed ops so even though they aren't entirely accurate it makes sense not to lose thieves to gather intel.

so depends on what u need. usually sendin 4+ raw tpa gives u 95% accuracy.
    if u're only trying to see if there are elites out, u can send 1 thief. if the operation is successful and the som shows 0 elites out, then that number is accurate. the inaccuracy comes in the actual number
    same with surveys. if u just want to see what tipes of buildings there are u can send again 1-10 thieves. a survey that shows 0 wt for example is accurate about the 0, but probabyl wrong for the other buildings.

what i suggest if u have a great thievery section is to get soms with 4+ tpa- send 4 raw tpa. that's probably the most accurate intel u can get. in any other case use som+som with 10 thieves

quazzel1: Chances are that if you don't get caught, they will not know who theived them. However, as has been noted, SL will ID you regardless.

Lilth: It depends on how accurate you wish your data to be. The more theives sent, the more accurate the data. However, as has been just mentioned, even angel has a calc in it that is fairly accurate if you have a CB+SOM or SOM+SOM. So most attackers, for the reason stated by Cheech, will send 1-10 theives to obtain the data and use a calculator for more accurate data.
    Everyone has standards. Some are just higher than others.

Thread Information