Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SoM + SoM

Regular
    AFKain,

Please explain to me the maths.

Veteran
    I don't know how it works, I know that it works. Put simply I think that the supposed random numbers are not random enough. You'll always be shown numbers that are some variation of the exact defense. If you have a few of them it's possible to figure out which the exact defense is since the variations are not many enough. Something like that, I'm sure there are people who know exactly how it works. Maybe they'll turn up, until then it is magic :)

Regular
    Ok, I thought it is thievery? ;-)

From what I understand about intel ops is that they are actually 100% accurate UNTIL the game randomly multiplies them by a number from .50 to 1.50 (and no I am not certain this is the correct range, but just going by what I have been told).

So if you then divide that result by the same range of numbers from .50 to 1.50 and compare the results you will see that you have a very few results that match. Hopefully only one set will match and that will be the exact amount. If you have more than one result then you need at least one more SoM until you end up with only one result.

wow this thread is still open.....

HERE IS THE CODE!

function Som_Plus(num1,num2){
    if ( Math.round(num1/num2*100-100) >= 0) return "+";
    else return "";
    }

function Som_Valid(num1,num2){
    var Temp=Math.round(num2/num1*100)/100;
    if ((Temp*100 < Som_Min) || (Temp*100 > Som_Max)) return false;
    if (Math.round(Temp*num1) == num2) return true;
    else if (Math.round((Temp+0.01)*num1) == num2) return true;
    else if (Math.round((Temp-0.01)*num1) == num2) return true;
    return false;
    }

function Som_Results(list){
    var i,j,Temp1,Temp2,Mark1,Mark2;
    var Temp_List=new Array();
    for (i=Som_Min; i<=Som_Max; i++){ Temp1=Math.round(i)/100; Temp2=Math.round(list[0]/Temp1);
    Mark1=false; if ((Math.round((Temp2+0)*Temp1) == list[0])) { Temp2=Temp2+0; for (j=1; j<list.length; j++) if (Som_Valid(Temp2, list[j]) != true) Mark1=true; Mark2=false; for (j=0; j<Temp_List.length; j++) if (Temp_List[j] == Temp2) Mark2=true; if ((Mark1 == false)&&(Mark2 == false)) Temp_List[Temp_List.length]=Temp2; }
    Mark1=false; if ((Math.round((Temp2+1)*Temp1) == list[0])) { Temp2=Temp2+1; for (j=1; j<list.length; j++) if (Som_Valid(Temp2, list[j]) != true) Mark1=true; Mark2=false; for (j=0; j<Temp_List.length; j++) if (Temp_List[j] == Temp2) Mark2=true; if ((Mark1 == false)&&(Mark2 == false)) Temp_List[Temp_List.length]=Temp2; }
    Mark1=false; if ((Math.round((Temp2-1)*Temp1) == list[0])) { Temp2=Temp2-1; for (j=1; j<list.length; j++) if (Som_Valid(Temp2, list[j]) != true) Mark1=true; Mark2=false; for (j=0; j<Temp_List.length; j++) if (Temp_List[j] == Temp2) Mark2=true; if ((Mark1 == false)&&(Mark2 == false)) Temp_List[Temp_List.length]=Temp2; }
    }
    (its 100% accurate! no ned to check because i already did)

NOW CLOSE THIS THREAD ALREADY!

WHAT!.... by the time I figure that formula out my target's military will return. F the BS, just ask Arrez..

http://somcalculator.arrez.dk/SomCalc.aspx

Postaholic
    CB + som will get u almost all the info

the ONLY things they dont include are townwatch and aggression. just keep that in mind when u do cb+som and u'll be fine

the reason i dont like som/som is because its a waste of stealth to get 2 som every single time, especially against races like gnome when som is hard to get (and ironically those are the targets that need accurate intels the most)

Quote Originally Posted by waheed View Post
    CB + som will get u almost all the info

the ONLY things they dont include are townwatch and aggression. just keep that in mind when u do cb+som and u'll be fine

the reason i dont like som/som is because its a waste of stealth to get 2 som every single time, especially against races like gnome when som is hard to get (and ironically those are the targets that need accurate intels the most)
    1. townwatch and aggression are both in the cb and in som report!!!
    stop telling ppl wrong info (unless you want them to fail...)

2. if you know enemy have army home from ce,pimp or whatever you dont need to get even 1 som you need only to use cb!!!

3. cb+som is for a high tpa target like "Super GN" or whatever

4. som+som is the best way to know the enemy def points # at home if he have army out (if he have army at home you will simply will get the same value from the cb!!!!)

5. som+som has its limilts as i already showen ppl
    soms: 11728 12345 12962 14197 14814 15431
    there you go 6 soms with 2 hits in the 25% range :)
    and yes i know its astronomical chance to get that but you still can!
    plus not to mentionthe fact that you can get the same value twice as stuff like that

6. clost this thread already!!!! you cant get anymore info then i already told you...
    Last edited by Bijo; 29-11-2008 at 20:22.

1. townwatch and aggression are both in the cb and in som report!!!
    stop telling ppl wrong info (unless you want them to fail...)
    And this is the reason why Angel screws up when these are active. When are you going to understand this? If you have 100% ME, an army of 1000 Soldiers only and Agression up, CB will show 2000 offense, 0 defense, and Angel will assume that you have 200% OME and 0% DME. This will make Angel incorrectly estimate defense left.

4. som+som is the best way to know the enemy def points # at home if he have army out (if he have army at home you will simply will get the same value from the cb!!!!
    This is wrong, as it will make you waste 2 SOM whenever you want to hit a province. The best way to know the enemy defense points at home during a war is CB once you have done a first SOM SOM translation. This SOM SOM translation will not even care about defense points at home. I'll let you think about this ...

6. clost this thread already!!!!
    I must have missed something, when did OMAC put you moderator of these boards?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadi View Post
    This is wrong, as it will make you waste 2 SOM whenever you want to hit a province. The best way to know the enemy defense points at home during a war is CB once you have done a first SOM SOM translation. This SOM SOM translation will not even care about defense points at home. I'll let you think about this ...
    not my fault you just dont wanto read what i post and just wanto argue with me all the time (<- this is so sad!)

the only thing i said was that if the target have army out then the best way to know his def at home is by using som+som and simple adding one more off point from the result in order to brake the target

if he have all army at home and you know that for sure (form CE or pimp ect.) then you dont need to do even one som! simply do cb and use the value form "Def. Points" on the bottom right corner of the cb
    and again add one off point to that value in order to brake the target

its so simple even you can get what i am saying now ^^

and i dont think i have anything to add anymore about your not nice replies to say the least...

I like how you want to make everyone think you know everything when a few monthes ago you kept asking about how these stuff worked on IRC.

But hey, thanks for telling me how I should determine my target's defense!
    This is very new stuff to me.
    /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Toadi View Post
    I like how you want to make everyone think you know everything when a few monthes ago you kept asking about how these stuff worked on IRC.

But hey, thanks for telling me how I should determine my target's defense!
    This is very new stuff to me.
    /sarcasm
    Toadi go fix the new guide and leave me alone :)

I may hate Toadi most of the time, but I hate you more, Bijo.
    Go plug your wannabe tools somewhere else, and admit to yourself that you don't even know half as much as you pretend.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Bijo View Post
    wow this thread is still open.....

HERE IS THE CODE!

(its 100% accurate! no ned to check because i already did)

NOW CLOSE THIS THREAD ALREADY!
    ewww. i can't read that lol. what is the basic principle of the math used for the SoM+SoM? puppy already explained it but i didn't get it. i guess i am stupid. :)
    utopia's gentle and loving nub at your service

Quote Originally Posted by Nub View Post
    ewww. i can't read that lol. what is the basic principle of the math used for the SoM+SoM? puppy already explained it but i didn't get it. i guess i am stupid. :)
    i already said its a search in the range of 0.5%-1.5% (most like to be 0.75-1.25)
    but i will do it again.....

whe you do som on someone you will get his intel*random_number

so if i will do som and the read def value at home of the enemy is lets say 12345
    i wont see the 12345 value but i will see round( 12345 * random_number )

random_number = (100+random(50)-25)/100 so the range is 0.75-1.25

so lets start ...lets say i did 2 soms on my target and got 13826 & 12592
    so now i am doing a simple search ....

13826 /1.25
    13826 /1.24
    13826 /1.23
    etc
    13826 /0.76
    13826 /0.75

and also

12592 /1.25
    12592 /1.24
    12592 /1.23
    etc
    12592 /0.76
    12592 /0.75

if there will be a match between those (there can be more then 1 hit) then you found the true def points at home

if you will see

12345 +12% +2%

12345*1.12 = 13826.4 => round(13826.4) = 13826
    12345*1.02 = 12591.9 => round(12591.9) = 12592

i hope all clear now!!!
    and if all army at home this 12345 def points at home will also be on the cb

its not that hard :)

AND VT2 YOU ARE A NUB!

Thread Information