Thread: What your balance for OPA and DPA?

What your balance for OPA and DPA?

Trying to figure out what DPA I should be aiming for. Playing DE/Mystic A/M and have 3 WPA and 1.5 TPA raw.

I tried 40DPA and kept getting smacked back into the stone age, but high defence seems even worse :P

I know that offence gives less nw than defence- but where is the balance point?

Post Fiend
    DE has static defense so it wont matter if you have 40 or 50 or 60 dpa. And running 80 dpa will leave you with nothing for offense. When you picked DE you should have known that you will get hit. Better build GS run 35-40 dpa and 75-80+ opa. That should scare some people.

Sir Postalot
    i would run ~50-55 dpa raw in elites as a DE, rest o-specs, and use the elites as part of your offense =)

Aye if you plan on attacking a lot I would go for hospitals and run a 2:3 O specs:elites and use some of those elites for attacking with. DE will always be a target for attackers though, but just get your WPA to the point where after your MS you can spam LL to make up for those attacks (in war anyways).

Turtling is so overrated. In war you will get attacked no matter what unless you are warring noobs. You nor your enemy should ever have their army home. The static defense of DE matters more OOW than in war. In pump mode you cannot turt like other races.
    Gamer4Life

Post Fiend
    It all depends, defense is done for the kingdom. That should set the defense, if you have a good kingdom with great activity, running high offense would work. Haveing a bunch of individual provinces gets you targetted, but if youhave a full kingodm of strong attackers with high off, you will get hit less, due to the ability to retal someone right back.

Postaholic
    actually turtling is highly underrated

however not everyone know when/how to effectively turtle and not all kingdoms are organized enough to benefit from turtling. moreover turtling is only necessary in certain situations

but generally speaking 95% of the kingdm out there never have to worry about turtling. so if u r concerned about ur troops and stuff, i would recommend 1:1 elite/defense ratio (in the case of DE 1:1 elite/offense), as that ratio works for almost everything except gnomes, in which case u need more elites

Turtling for a few hours while the people in your NW range in war have armies home can be worth it.

Once they are forced to send out against one of your smaller guys and get crappy gains, you can safely go for a topfeed or whatever, assuming you have good attack times.

Its quite situational though.

Post Fiend
    Waheed >i would recommend 1:1 elite/defense ratio (in the case of DE 1:1 elite/offense)<

yeah its a good ratio but not very helpful if you intend to help out killing a dragon and still function as an attacker. you want to keep some defspecs in there i think.

I've done my number crunching and ended up with similir figures to what arkangel posted:
    when rebuilt i'll have ~45dpa, and ~63opa (w 4 gens, without sending elites, and assuming OME on a lowly 120%) along with the other DEs in my KD. #'s depend on honour and BE affecting TGs though.
    Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left.

Postaholic
    well that was just an ideal situation, in reality not everyone will have full elites for defense. also not likely that u send out every single off spec per attack so that can go to dragon too. and lastly dragon killing dont necessarily have to be evenly distributed amongst provs especially in late war. some kingdoms will keep provs who r designed to kill dragons

i wouldnt worry too much about opa/dpa since its networth based gaining and not land based. as long as ur draft is reasonable and u have the correct builds u will be able to hit back most ppl ur size that hits u

Thread Information