Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yes/No to libs human/sage a/t

Enthusiast
    I run 65% draft on my human/sage. That rate is necessary for an effective A/t province.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Alchemy is overrated, go pop bonus and lower draft % if you want more income.

Good pop sci lowers the effect from chaining. If you run 10%+ homes getting chained hurts, while if you put them in libraries, it softens the blows...

I'm running 65% draft at all time...the reason is that when you enter a war, after a few land grab, or a few hits, your draft tend to drop really fast.

If I'm to start a war at 60%, it will drop to 50% within 36-48 hours.

Post Fiend
    i think you should save your gold from science and train more military with it... forget the libraries and the war buiold dude, you were sleeping during everyone elses training time for the first moth of the age

how can i train more military? 75% draft?
    and fully built i think the prov is robust enough.

Total Modified Offense: 100,844 (78.66 per Acre)
    Practical (100% elites): 100,844 (78.66 per Acre)
    Total Modified Defense: 116,230 (90.66 per Acre)
    Practical (0% elites): 70,962 (55.35 per Acre)

Thieves: 4,151 (3.24 per Acre / 100% Stealth)
    Wizards: 2,591 (2.02 per Acre / 87% Mana)

and good point about pop science i think i'll focus on pumping that and BE.
    and quick question about science.. is war science + magic science worth it @ all? i mean they just were buffed.. but i still dont see much use from them

No, taking more land, and needing less wizards, is not worth it - at all.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

lol war science is my favorite.....
    Taking back the InternetClickME

lol... i'm a gnome running 65% All the time. I do have 26% homes though ;)

i run run 65% as a human on gen....my be is like 91
    Taking back the InternetClickME

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    I show only a 3% drop in OPNW, and a little more of a drop in DPNW, from lowering to 60% draft via -.8 epa and -.8 dspec/a. That's right, -.015 OPNW from lowering your draft 6%. I assumed your new, lowered NW, and the 5% BE increase, only applying to the stated 20% TG. So, for that -.015, you get +20% income, and +5% BE... good trade to my mind.

VT2 - high draft is the least effective way of raising OPNW and DPNW. Given how much it hurts econ, it's rarely smart to go too high. If you absolutely must get to that magic .4 OPNW, draft past 60%... but people at 1200 acres don't need .4, .35 is fine. And the econ lets them be a lot more sustainable if things drag on for a bit. I grant eventually you have to up draft... but get good sci to keep it from killing your BE so much. And don't go too nuts: 70% draft is almost never a good plan cause your base ME starts to drop do to draft... once that happens, more draft hurts actual strength/NW.

Think Different
    you never plunder or learn OOW do you?

Post Demon
    Since I have come out of both wars so far up over 20%, and at less than 40% draft (vs. max pop) due to T/Ms... I can't say I've bothered wasting the resulting opportunity to pump at low draft (while slowly rebuilding) on worthless things like plunders. I always lose almost as much money as I get from the hit... when instead, I train pure def to about 50%, and then crank sci on one short of max. I get FAR more sci this way than from attacking - the extra 10% pes are huge. And humans turtle well enough I'm a poor target and don't take hits.

In fact, my "ignorance" of plunder has left me with 120% BE at 60% draft... so I'd say it's working pretty well too. And largest in my kingdom, so I need to pump instead of growing. 1600 acre aint great, but my NW is still better than 3/4ths the server apparently, so it aint nothing neither.

I'm also not clear how you concluded I don't plunder OOW or why it's relevant to my advise of staying at 60% draft.

On a side note about war sci... 150% gains does NOT let you take 100% of a target's money. I knew there was a land gain cap (20% your size, I believe), but there is also a plunder cap (at 2/3?) and a learn cap (very low). The learn cap was actually the sad one... if I could have taken 100% of a target's sci, it would have been so broken. (And a ligit war build! Plus HoDF echos - though the NW would make it very hard...)

Yes, I really did test 150% war sci on gen. Took a whole age to get it cause I didn't land drop...

Think Different

Regular
    your comment on plundering being useless already concluded you know nothing. Your so called OOW build of going 1 level short of max tells me you are going alot of banks and schools and having no attack ablity whatsoever. So your useless in backing up your kingdom or yourself unless its war. Your ability to war is when you are told like 4-5 days in advance .

Maybe if you look hard enough you will find targets that gives more GC then your retrains. Not sure about you, but ive been plundering and learning ( im around the same size as you ) and my highest learn was for 120k and lowest was about 40k. Ill let you calculate how much that translate to GC if you keep it at rushed to get that science. Not to mention i have the ablility to war within 1 day or less since im fullly OFFENSIVELY drafted and most of my buildings arent banks and schools.
    Last edited by Ced; 06-01-2009 at 11:22.

In fact, my "ignorance" of plunder has left me with 120% BE at 60% draft... so I'd say it's working pretty well too
    after reading your previous post, it sure can work well for you because you have very high science. I doubt many(if any at all) has as much science as you. So for most of them 60% would'nt work. I don't think you should advise ppl to play with 60% draft...it works only for high science provinces.

Thread Information