Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uses for guard stations?

No sorry I haven't tested for pesants with GS, but I seem to recall someone posting they had. I will try and find it if I can...

edit: Couldn't find the post unfortunately, but Utopiawiki has "Applies to lost land and also to plundered resources and massacre losses, but not to honour. " Cant confirm that as accurate though, so if someone could test that would be helpful.
    Last edited by Ishandra; 22-11-2008 at 12:30.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Catwalk View Post
    Protection from 1 hit will fade out in something like 12-16h, right? With 16h, that'd mean no accumulation of protection with 1.5 hits per day.
    hmmm, i thought it changed on 1st of each month...
    am happy to be proven wrong tho =)

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishandra View Post
    No sorry I haven't tested for pesants with GS, but I seem to recall someone posting they had. I will try and find it if I can...

edit: Couldn't find the post unfortunately, but Utopiawiki has "Applies to lost land and also to plundered resources and massacre losses, but not to honour. " Cant confirm that as accurate though, so if someone could test that would be helpful.
    will happily help test in new gen age =)

GB protection is very easily tested, do a plunder on the 1st and see when it expires. I'm positive it won't last 24h. I'm also certain massacre losses aren't affected, but no harm in testing. Would be nice with new numbers on how much damage massacre does. Last time I tested it I arrived at 12%/10%/6% peasants/thieves/wizards at no relations, didn't get conclusive tests for war and hostile.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

I prefer:

2 TPA raw, 2 WPA raw
    25 DPA (elites out) Half elites half offspecs for now.
    10% homes
    15% TG
    15% GS
    15% Hospitals
    18% WT
    10% Guilds
    5% Rax
    5% Towers
    5% Farms
    2% Dungeons

Dont u think 5% rax takes way to longer?

i dont know. i feel if rax is too low...it defeats the purpose of you being an effective attacker.

5% Rax will also be gone once you take 2 hits. And as DW, thats 22 hours+ til you get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishandra View Post
    5% Rax will also be gone once you take 2 hits. And as DW, thats 22 hours+ til you get it back.
    True but you can use BB and a lot of dwarves are shepard and you have GS to protect them some more. 5% would not be enough for a non warrior though.
    Gamer4Life

Postaholic
    altho im usually not a fan of rax i do have to disagree with rose on the 5% rax

imo the whole point of suicider is so that they can deal damage and absorb hits, and fast army return is one of the key elements. dwarf with their -30% thief cant really play anything other than suicider anyway (but they make decent suiciders with free building and fog).

i would say if u wanna keep this kind of offense/defense ratio and build GS then u'll need more rax and less watchtower. if u r gonna get chained, the troop loss from NS will be insigificant as u'll loose them one way or another. also, elites are pretty NS resistant, so just keep 10%~ish wt to stop ppl with no TD from spamming op on u and u should be fine. imo get monster offense + high rax, and little dpa + GS, and suicide like a mofo and force them to chain u or feel the wrath of ur 100opa every 9 hours

bigboywasim was talking about all dwarf warriors on his latest build.

Regular
    Sorry about bumping an old post, but do Guard Stations help protect against Ambushes?

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by iDShaDoW View Post
    Sorry about bumping an old post, but do Guard Stations help protect against Ambushes?
    nope
    takes 50%
    orc's +30% gains and gains sci dont affect this

Post Fiend
    I don't think GS needs to be used by the whole kd to be effective. If you are going to war with a kd who has bigger provinces then it would make sense for your biggest players to have GS because they are the ones that will be attacked by their big guys. If their big guys decide to go for smaller provinces then their gains and attack times will suck.

Plus you could run GS and be a semi-suicider. The enemy couldn't resist attacking you and wasting their gains away.

Is somebody can confirm GS work or not on massacre attacks?

Thread Information