Thread: Max Acre Gains From Attacking?

Regular

Max Acre Gains From Attacking?

Just curious, but is there a cap to how many acres you can gain from attacking another province?

If so, does Orc +30% gains on attack allow you to overcome that cap or no?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I believe it's 15% of your acres or the person's acres that you're attacking.

Whichever is less.

Regular
    Would Orc +30% gains allow you to overcome that cap?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Yes

Maximum gains is 20%, but I'm not sure if they calculate it on your own province, or the target.
    Any bonuses to gains, such as the one you get from playing orc, only adds to minimum-gains.

Thus, orc gets 30% extra, but never more than the max.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Post Demon
    20% YOUR acres, plus explore pool gains if applicable. So a single hit can never let you grow more than 22% your current size. Gains sci doesn't exceed this, nor does orc as far as I know (never played orc myself).
    There are also gains caps on other attack types based on *their resources*... I made a gen prov with 150% gains sci once, sadly couldn't learn for ridiculous amounts cause of learn cap. I think plunder cap is 2/3rds enemy total, don't know the learn cap.

Think Different

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Is it 20%?

I always thought it was 15%.

Post Demon
    As to target acres also being a cap... never run into that at all. Gains formula should make it redundant without ridiculous gains sci anyway... and if your gains sci is high enough to get 20% target acres, your other sci should be so good your smaller than them anyway. In short, if you care about target acre based gain cap, your doing something wrong...

As to 15% vs. 20% gain cap of YOUR acres:

I've captured 21.x% before because I remember thinking "holy ****, that's a huge hit. Was that max gains?! No, it's HIGHER than max gains!? WTF? Wait... explore pool. ARG, it wasn't exactly max gains, got to do better next hit! Should have razed some buildings!" (Exaggerated a little in my memory I'm sure)

But yes, I'm fairly sure I've tested this before and found 22% in war is max gain. It helps to be a human sage in the last age of sages... (the new sci was why I came back to the game - you can be I exploited it!) And also to just sci pump like mad even now... 200+ NW/A, and military to back it up and then some. But these ages I'd only hit gains cap on a retal of a suicide.

Between high NW/A AND high military gains sci, human *can* hit this cap, and needs to remember to avoid it while in a max gains war. Of course, in a chain style war (true chain, or "getto chain", hitting the chain target is more important than avoiding the "wasted" gains due to cap. And often there isn't another target you can hit for near max with less offense anyway... so take the huge hit even though it isn't perfectly efficient.

Think Different

Enthusiast
    It's 17.5% of your own acres OOW and 20% of your own acres in war not including explore pool acres so in war you can achieve 22% of your own acres per attack. I hit that cap once this age with a near perfect attack and only +15% gains science, was a smaller % of their acres than mine though, closer to 14% of their acres.

PS if your nwpa is much lower than who you are attacking you can gain as much as you want, IE if you are at 80 nwpa and your opponent is at 200 nwpa if you can gain 22% of your acres that would be 55% of their acres, you'd need a ton of gains science to get that much in an attack though, as the base maximum is 12% of their acres.

Thread Information