Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Human Sage/Rogue. best A/T?

Human/rogue, 5+ raw TPA, 2+ raw WPA.
    It's going to be sweet.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Yea mate I'm with you VT. I won't have 5+ raw tho :/.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    15% less pop is pretty significant. but it doesn't take much to fix it since humans have 6/6. and i'm tired and did calcs wrong in previous post. humans will always have better numbers than gnome, even with gnome's pop bonus. multiply pop bonus by off/deff unit (as you get to have approx 15% more units) and you get 5.75/5.75 for gnomes.

humans will also need hosps. that's extra land. many things to take into account here.

humans have better economy, yes, but gnomes have ridiculously cheap military. cheap theives is a huge bonus. +30% sci effect is a big bonus as well. methinks it would take much more than the basic calcs i'm willing to do in my head (and some which are wrong =P) to figure out statistically which is the best.

in the end, it comes down to the person playing the prov as to whether it's successful at what it was intended to do or not.
    Id rather use land for hospitals than none for gnome, you're viewing that like a bonus. Gnomes have a weak military regardless of how cheap it is. They just cant match Humans in off dept. Thieve wise, yeah 40% eff even thru sci is still really incredible. More so the cheap thieves. But it's about the whole COMBO imo - and Humans edge out gnomes at least later in the age.

HOWEVER - you're last statement is absolutely correct in the end it is about the person playing! =)

Post Demon
    Remember that +15% pop means MORE than +15% military. In some cases, it means up to almost +30% military.

However, I'm advising my kingdom that human is clearly better for A/T and A/t (gnome might take a/T still). Reason is simple... assume both provs get to +100% base thievery sci with libs (give them the same libs to keep it simple). Also assume we've got 20% pop sci. Now the human +30% sci is strictly better than +30% thievery effectiveness, and +6% pop. So that leave our poor gnome to use +11% pop and +10% thievery to make up for a 5/5 army against a 6/6 army. And that even gave the gnome the same amount of sci as the human, it gets worse when you factor in the nearly 50% higher income a human will have!

Trust me, unless you're growing like a weed, smart sci pumping gets you much more power than you realize. And human takes all that extra power, and magnifies it 30%. Unless you bad at getting sci, human is just stronger for most of the age.

As to human personality, either rouge, sage, or warrior. No-one was bright enough to ambush me, so warrior is out. And our kingdom needs military more than thievery, so sage is clearly MY best choice. Rogue is in theory higher damage output though, sufficiently good players probably want it over sage.

Think Different

Go my guys onto the buzz, will have about 8 human/rogues set up. Yeayow!

Post Fiend
    Orc War hero love tapping Gnomes because of all the extra creds they give plus no hospitals could have the plague running a long time if you are not active enough to cast NB.

At the moment they are the second most popular combo in the game, right after the ever popular DE/Mystic

Thread Information