The first thing that they remembered as they woke was Apollyon speaking. <You insane woman! Get UP! They have thawed you, and all you can do is sleep. I would kick your a$$ if I didn't exist in your head only.>

Abaddon forced her eyes opened, and realized that the worst of the thawing was over--the choking sensation, the itchiness of her nerves reactivating, the rawness of the throat. Apollyon must've moved them over to the table where they lay at that moment.

It was saddening to Abaddon that Apollyon was gaining so much control recently. Maybe it was because they hadn't been on any missions for over 150 years, or maybe because their mind was finally starting to break. She didn't know the answer to that, but she did know that she was never going to tell those...trainees what her problems were. Only Dimitri would find out, and only if he talked to her. In person.

A white coat, one of the scientists that had been assigned to Abaddon after the supposed 'death' of Dimitri, must've been watching her vitals from the next room, as she came in briskly, setting a pile of clothing on a chair next to the cryotank. Stretching, Abaddon brought their body up to a sitting position, just noticing that there was only a blanket over her naked figure. She let the blanket fall and turned to look at the scientist, bemused by the expression that the female white coat had on her face upon seeing Abaddon's bare, unscarred back. "Here is your usual clothing, Abaddon. You won't need any body armor yet unless you planned on going to the sims to test your reactions after the latest thaw. You also have a briefing in an hour on red level, the main conference hall. Be sure to get something to eat, or your metabolism will start eating your muscle tissues. Enjoy your time awake." The woman inclined her head to Abaddon, then left through the door at her back.

Standing up, they stretched, enjoying the feeling of their muscles pulling on their lean frame. She picked up her undergarments, then the black pants made out of some new material. She would have to ask around to see what it was. Next went the black tank that hugged her frame like a second skin, making it easy for her to maneuver and move around. Sighing, she looked at the panel next to the door. She still had 50 minutes to get to the briefing, so she would eat, then practice, then shower...again.

Walking down the hall, she felt Apollyon working through their memories, seeing if there was anything missing like there was the last time that they woke. <...Abaddon, I cannot seem to remember his name...> Apollyon said with intense emotion that was uncharacteristic of her normal personality. Abaddon accessed the memory that Apollyon was looking at, and was taken aback. <I don't know...and, somehow...that makes me sad. I remember his green skin...his touch and his smile...but what is his name...? Why does it bother us that we cannot remember his name...?>

They walked on for a bit, puzzling over the memory. It wasn't long before they reached the mess hall, deep in silent conversation with one another.

The place was quieter than she remembered, as several faces turned to look at her, express their shock, then to look at another...it was the green-skinned man from her memories! She could ask who he was!

The line passed quickly, and when it was her turn she was given her ultimate favorite meal: fried cockroaches, grasshoppers, and chocolate covered crickets. The aroma of the fried insects made her mouth water. When she was handed a second plate consisting of beef, pork, and corn, she about handed it back. Then, much to her annoyance, Apollyon said, <YOU might enjoy the crunchy things, but *I* want to eat animals. Sorry, but you ARE taking that plate, or I will take it for you.>

Grumbling, she took the plate. As she did, she turned to the person behind her, and said, "Hey, can you tell me the name of the man with the green skin? I remember him, but his name escapes me."

The man glanced up at her, looked down, then did a double take. "Abaddon! Er, uh, yea, I can tell you who he is. He is a Pure One like you, and his name is Azreal. You two used to work together a lot, back when it was just your team of Pure Ones, and even after the First and Second generations were created you always worked together. Until, one mission was blown because one of you, I don't remember which, was put in danger, and the other screwed up the mission by going and rescuing the body."

Abaddon nodded, understanding flitting through her mind. <That's when you were born, isn't it Apollyon?>

Apollyon snorted mentally. <No. I was born after that. But it was one of the catalysts...it conceived me, but I wasn't aware of myself, and you weren't aware of me.>

Nodding her thanks to the man, she took her two heaping plates over to the table, eyes following her where ever she went. She felt a familiar yet strange emotion sweep over her as she approached Azreal, and sat next to him. "Fancy seeing you awake, Azreal. I think that our superiors are getting lax in their ways, don't you think? After having so many years of us being apart."