Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Leaving Utopia- Thought Jolt should know why.

Enthusiast
    /me remembers hitting Seasons cow because I could and got away with it :P

Well ok they hit us back later in the age <3

I had to rebuild because I got reported by a non-teamplayer random for telling him I was going to raze him. Losing n1 Dwarf spot in your face.
    Simple: Grow to 2k acres, throw in a **** ton of banks + schools and sit back for 5 days, gives you decent science.

Imho, with raze you just have to play differently. If people try to RK you and your kd feeds you a lot of solds/gc then you can explore A LOT at 100 acres. Makes them think twice about trying to RK. If your science is worth enough, your kd can help.
    Also, I've been in ghetto's in the past. They never managed to RK me, because the enemy was ghetto too... Maybe it has to be harder to PK, but tbh I haven't tried it once this age.
    (omagosh, warring/fighting top 10-40 all age and no attempt at RK, we must be nub)

There's no real reason to quit utopia.
    It just takes a matter of time to get used to the new setup thats all. :)

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCaid View Post
    /me remembers hitting Seasons cow because I could and got away with it :P

Well ok they hit us back later in the age <3

I had to rebuild because I got reported by a non-teamplayer random for telling him I was going to raze him. Losing n1 Dwarf spot in your face.
    Simple: Grow to 2k acres, throw in a **** ton of banks + schools and sit back for 5 days, gives you decent science.

Imho, with raze you just have to play differently. If people try to RK you and your kd feeds you a lot of solds/gc then you can explore A LOT at 100 acres. Makes them think twice about trying to RK. If your science is worth enough, your kd can help.
    Also, I've been in ghetto's in the past. They never managed to RK me, because the enemy was ghetto too... Maybe it has to be harder to PK, but tbh I haven't tried it once this age.
    (omagosh, warring/fighting top 10-40 all age and no attempt at RK, we must be nub)

1st off you can't sit back and pump for 5 days in ghettos. You've got hundreds of kingdoms looking at you for a random. You sit pumping for 5 days you'll most likely be down 500 acres min. So much for exploring 1k acres.

2nd. RK has happend this age in ghettos. Bottom 400 ghettos to be more precise.

3rd. You can't use top kingdom play to look at the problem. In top kingdom Monarchs have absolute control of their provinces. People there do not RK unless they have been ordered to. Try looking at it form kingdoms where monarch control is not absolute.

Veteran
    not many people will hit you for land at 2k acres if you have 100+ dpa.

it's a bit hard for very high sciences, but it can be done with enough banks/schools like he said. Only thing i'd watch out for is the learn attacks /not/ tms. Someone can hit you for 100 acres, yes, because it'd be serious bottomfeed, but dicing 100 acres comes quickly as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fates
    3rd. You can't use top kingdom play to look at the problem. In top kingdom Monarchs have absolute control of their provinces. People there do not RK unless they have been ordered to. Try looking at it form kingdoms where monarch control is not absolute.
    While i kind of understand your point, the job of the monarch is to teach the rest of the kd to play well. This is how it's always been for me. If people don't follow orders, it's always been DDD in the "ghettos" i've been in. Maybe that means i haven't been in a true ghetto but .-. they definitely weren't top 500.
    Last edited by Nuriho; 14-10-2009 at 20:45.

Quote Originally Posted by haiku View Post
    There's no real reason to quit utopia.
    It just takes a matter of time to get used to the new setup thats all. :)
    there is no real reason to quit utopia?? no offense but either you been sleeping the past 3 weeks or the problems that occured didn't affect you at all..

reason for me quitting is

1 - jolt - support and handling the crash was less than satisfactory for anyone
    2 - jolt installed I'm human **** that makes the log in take 20 mins instead of 1
    3 - now finally AVG blocked utopia entierly

3 very good reasons for quitting a good game made bad by the new owners..

played from age 7 and this was my last

Enthusiast
    Logging with the downtime was the most fun I had in a while. IRC was crowded with everyone giving pointers as in how to log as fast as possible. Almost pushing out a wave during downtime = win.

Secrets wins that award though. Things happen, I love this game for the people that play it, not the owners.

Thread Information