Thread: Intel stealth cost

Intel stealth cost

uhmm i just saw only SoT is 1%

and SoM costs 3% !! what gives?

and more for both if u fail as a gnome in war only needs a SoM its still more costly than anticipated

SoM has always been 3%, SoTs stealth requirements are set deliberately low (and SoT is significantly easier than SoM) to allow people to gather intel and op without draining their stealth pool too much.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

Enthusiast
    I'm more worried about failed SoTs thievery losses than the stealth cost. I'd rather have a 2% stealth SoT with 50% or less of the losses, because I need to send half my thieves to get an accurate SoT. Seriously thieves cost 600 gcs that's more than many elites and I lose like 200 thieves getting a precise SoT. That sucks.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by lichemaster View Post
    I'm more worried about failed SoTs thievery losses than the stealth cost. I'd rather have a 2% stealth SoT with 50% or less of the losses, because I need to send half my thieves to get an accurate SoT. Seriously thieves cost 600 gcs that's more than many elites and I lose like 200 thieves getting a precise SoT. That sucks.
    We all expressed our concerns before this change was implemented... And yet it was implemented anyway. I doubt complaining after the change will affect anything.

Enthusiast
    being that all Intel comes from Ops, you';d think they make it less stealth-expensive
    AND adjust the fail rate, and kill rate for SoMs<P>

which was the whole point of splitting up the intel gathering between Spells and Ops
    so you dont blow all your steath on intels alone

granted, having gnomes makes it more "team-oriented"
    however, its quite ineffecieint to always depend on buddy-gnomes

its a team-game, but its still an individual effort

poor idea to combine all intels into thiefs
    stuck between an asinine and redundancy

dingy
    Yeah, thief loss totally sucks. I fill Pimp with at least half of the intel that is put in there... I could have 3x as many thieves without the horrendous losses!

well, i'm thankful i went gnome. i actually think the sot's are not as bad as i thought they would be, since they are 1% stealth. i can get all intel on a kd by myself and still be able to do other things.

the one that bothers me though is the CE... at 100% stealth, a failed CE cost me 7% stealth, and i feel that is just way over the top. if a CE costs 3% like other intel, why is a failed CE over 230% of the base intel cost?
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Postaholic
    whats a CE? :s

Luth, any failed op (apart from SoT) will cost you the same, not just CE - SoT is set at 1% stealth consumption, the rest of the ops depend on stealth available and if you fail or not.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |

It's total crap having SOT as a thief op. To get anything accurate you have to send way too many thieves, and even then the best you can hope for is +/- 8%. That's risking possibly hundreds of thieves lost for crappy, inaccurate intel. Losing a hundred thieves at 600 a piece is no small thing. I am almost at the point where I want to just abandon my province and start over or wait til next age when hopefully they change things back.

Post Fiend
    just send 10 theives every time until you find a target worth looking into more closely. not ideal but you barely lose the any theives this way.

Quote Originally Posted by lonestarkate View Post
    It's total crap having SOT as a thief op. To get anything accurate you have to send way too many thieves, and even then the best you can hope for is +/- 8%. That's risking possibly hundreds of thieves lost for crappy, inaccurate intel. Losing a hundred thieves at 600 a piece is no small thing. I am almost at the point where I want to just abandon my province and start over or wait til next age when hopefully they change things back.
    its +-3% accuracy on intel. losing 100 thieves with 600 total is bad yes, but SoTs are extremely easy so it will take you a while to burn that many thieves. Could also ask a gnome for intel.

still sucks to use any of your stealth this way and is certainly no improvment on gameplay. the stealth cost is merely a damage limitation mechanic - which i am very grateful for - but id still rather not have to give away advantage to cheaters.

besides avians running CS would bounce 25% of your sots even if youre 4 raw tpa in which case youre sending 2. thats brootal. youd fail 6 sots across a 25 prov kd even if they are running 0 thiefses - at great expense to yourself. nice mechanic, well thought out and very elegant. gg.

Thread Information