Thread: Attack report

Regular

Attack report

What is the difference between:

A. A tough battle took place, but we have managed a victory!

B. Your generals report a tough but resounding victory on the battlefields!

I'd like to know which is the better result and if possible the oversend %.

is A 4% oversend and B 2% oversend.

if we are doing double hits it is important to know how to read the different reports. And I think there is an other differently worded report. Can't remember exactly.

Enthusiast
    A > B
    B is the bare minimum you can send for success

(A) = 3.75--8%
    (B) = 0.75--3%

its a rough estimate. theres really no magic number.
    there are times when i think i'm oversending by 6% and i end up with Fail or (B) message
    many times i think those messages are also randomized so you dont know exactly how much

taking into account of randomness inducted in the last 2 ages
    i wouldnt try to send the least to get (B) message

its better to oversend by X and get +99% rate of success
    than try to conserve troops and get ~80% rate of success

that 15-19% difference usually means W or L for your KD
    stuck between an asinine and redundancy

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by nalilo View Post
    What is the difference between:

A. A tough battle took place, but we have managed a victory!

B. Your generals report a tough but resounding victory on the battlefields!

I'd like to know which is the better result and if possible the oversend %.

is A 4% oversend and B 2% oversend.

if we are doing double hits it is important to know how to read the different reports. And I think there is an other differently worded report. Can't remember exactly.
    There is nothing random about those messages at all. They all represent different ranges of oversend. I don't remember the exact numbers, but A is 0-~10% oversend, B is 10%+, and then there's at least one more above that (Crushed the resistance or something, that's a huge oversend).

I.e. unless you get A you oversent too much.
    Last edited by Luc; 14-09-2010 at 09:35.

Post Demon
    Is the oversend range before or after the off and def are randomized? Remember each have a +-3.5% range, then your off needs to be at least 97% of the def to break. (After the random factor is applied.)
    So is it reporting on the RF as well? Is it possible to succeed 1 hit with A but fail a second with the same off sent against the same def? [Remember - even if it isn't, DME goes up but troops are lost, so it's never the exact same def.] If not, how much lower off can you send if you make the second hit and still be guaranteed the hit?
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Enthusiast
    from my own personal experience, being that i test wol each age the devs mod the formulas, i apply RF into my calc.
    pre-mehul, i can send a minimum of 1.0-1.5% over (by angels calc) and still succeed with 99.7% success history
    i acutally remeber about 90% of ages in pre-mehul that i never oversend by 2% all age and end with 99%

last 2 ages, i set my angel to 10% RF and oversend by min of 4.5% -- and after failing the 7th time in just 30 hits
    i added in my own RF to bump it to ~6% (so its between 6-8% oversend including the 10% angel RF)
    (i had an xls i used for many ages, but got too tired to update it since mid-1st age of omac)

post-mehul (omacs RF), i have to oversend at least 5% to succeed with +96% success
    there are times where the RF will cause a fail up to 6% (which is why i think omacs RF is coded as true RF vs mehuls "pre-defined" RF coding)

to make the 2nd hit, i drop to 47-50.0% chance of success (with angel still at 10% RF) and it will succeed 99.9% of the time
    and yes, there were times that it did fail, but not very often (this is when i send with 44-46% chance of success)
    i dont calc in detail on 2nd hit vs 1st hit (cos if you pass the 1st, then 2nd should be easy)
    i adjust +/- from results and adjust 15% for elite deaths and 85% for specs, and adjust solds as reported)
    stuck between an asinine and redundancy

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    Is the oversend range before or after the off and def are randomized? Remember each have a +-3.5% range, then your off needs to be at least 97% of the def to break. (After the random factor is applied.)
    So is it reporting on the RF as well? Is it possible to succeed 1 hit with A but fail a second with the same off sent against the same def? [Remember - even if it isn't, DME goes up but troops are lost, so it's never the exact same def.] If not, how much lower off can you send if you make the second hit and still be guaranteed the hit?
    I don't know how they did it, but my guess it that it's based on actual offense compared to actual defense before the hit. So no random factors at all. So i.e. by sending your ~7% oversend to account for random factors, you could end up getting the 2nd oversend message. But I could be wrong about that.

@ testsubj:
    How the random factor works is known already. How much you need to send for 100% success rate can be calculated. I think the info is still in the wiki

Thread Information