Thread: attack times

attack times

ok so i get that attack times are less on learn/massacre/plunder attacks by -2 and that this comes off the unmodified attack time of 16hrs (is it?) . so why is it that when i do a learn attack on a prov where the estimated attack time says that it will only take 13.22 hrs and after completeing my learn it says my troops will be available in 13.40? I would have thought that it would have been less or at the very least the same as the estimated attack time.

maybe my real question should be: how is the estimated attack time produced...and how reliable is it?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Did you hit into fog by chance?

It's usually fairly accurate, at least from what I've seen.

no fog. i hit a DE so....

Post Fiend
    I've been experiencing similar problems with all attacks that have a (-2/-4 hour attack time).

Whenever I massacre or learn, instead of -2, i usually get -1.6 or -1.4 but never exactly -2. Same with ambush

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by kisame35 View Post
    I've been experiencing similar problems with all attacks that have a (-2/-4 hour attack time).

Whenever I massacre or learn, instead of -2, i usually get -1.6 or -1.4 but never exactly -2. Same with ambush
    That's because it's -hours off the base attack time, not the modded one.

Quote Originally Posted by kisame35 View Post

As Palem said its from your base attack time. Your base attack time is 16 hours. Learn/plunder/massacre and ambush are -2 and -4 hours from that respectively. You can perhaps simplifiy it by realising that they are 12.5% and 25% attack time reductions. So if a normal attack takes 12.8 hours (which is a war attack time without spells or barracks) then your massacre would take BASE(16)*WAR(20% faster)*MASSACRE(12.5% faster) which equates to 16*.8*.875 = 11.2 hours
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Demon
    Doesn't answer the OPs question though - why the difference between the estimate and the actual. Assuming the 13.22 is the listed value *before* the -2 hours, we've got a puzzle. The learn ought to take around 11.57 hours, not 13.40. It isn't like anon/fog adds 1.83 hours, which is the apparent difference. (Was it an anon hit?)

Changed NW can produce different attack times than listed, though I've never heard of it swinging the attack by almost 2 hours. Because of estimated vs. actual NW, attack times (oow) always end up being fuzzy math. Was your target getting hit a lot? Other factors that might have made the math fuzzier than usual?

Agree kisame's post is just uniformed user + bad UI. (Why isn't the text in the game fixed yet?)

I have not observed this problem, but I haven't been watching that closely (and normally only attack in war). Will keep an eye out to try and confirm. More data would help.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

anonymity is a likely culprit, or his target got hit between him loading the war room and attacking
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    Maybe someone razed you or hit you at the time and took out most of your rax?

Thanks for that. Perhaps you should change the drop down box and have it say removes 20% attack time instead of -2 hours

Clearly your target has less NW when your returning home than he had when you arrived.
    uTools - Because lazyness is the way to go
    StingerNET ~ Exposed.tf ~ tf.uMonk
    "When haters talk, we dont even mind.. They can feel how they feel just dont cross that line."

BEAST
    aka
    da BLOOD spilla
    <3_\"/-|\['|'_|/-|2'/ /-|3_\"/-|_()\\\

Thread Information