Thread: Game mechanics

Regular

Game mechanics

I just have a few questions about game mechanics.

"Mystic Aura - Repels the next offensive spell cast upon you."

Does this mean that it repels the next otherwise-successful spell against you or does it only ensure the first spell cast on you will fail, regardless of if it was going to fail or not without Mystic Aura?

"Fountain of Knowledge - Increases your science research by 10% while the spell is active."

Does this mean that if I were to learn 100 books of sci while Fountain of Knowledge is active, would it show up as 110 in progress immediately? Or could I learn 100 books THEN cast Fountain of Knowledge and get an additional 10% yield from the books as they came in?

"War Spoils - Makes the land gained from Traditional March immediately available."

Does this also give your army immunity to ambush?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Age of Ambush View Post
    "Mystic Aura - Repels the next offensive spell cast upon you."

Does this mean that it repels the next otherwise-successful spell against you or does it only ensure the first spell cast on you will fail, regardless of if it was going to fail or not without Mystic Aura?
    I believe it's the first successful, but I'm not 100% on that. Get someone to double check.

"Fountain of Knowledge - Increases your science research by 10% while the spell is active."

Does this mean that if I were to learn 100 books of sci while Fountain of Knowledge is active, would it show up as 110 in progress immediately? Or could I learn 100 books THEN cast Fountain of Knowledge and get an additional 10% yield from the books as they came in?
    To clarify, learning a book = You've already "drafted" the books and selected the category, so they're completely learned.

If you've got 100 books coming in on the next hour and you have FoK cast, you will gain 110 books. This doesn't show up in your SoS though.

"War Spoils - Makes the land gained from Traditional March immediately available."

Does this also give your army immunity to ambush?
    Yes. There's nothing for them to take back.

btw if your so scared of ambush pick warrior?
    My life is better then yours.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Yes. There's nothing for them to take back.
    It's not the land I'm concerned about, but rather the troops killed. Killing troops > getting land back.

And thanks for clarifying FoK. Guess it will have to be up 24/7 to get the benefits rather than making sure FoK is up right before you learn any books.

Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post
    btw if your so scared of ambush pick warrior?
    Cleric > Warrior for ambushes. But if I thought I was going to get ambushed I'd WS (if it's not possible to ambush) or Anon.
    Last edited by Age of Ambush; 22-03-2011 at 21:18.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Age of Ambush View Post
    It's not the land I'm concerned about, but rather the troops killed. Killing troops > getting land back.
    I understand, but you can't ambush an army that isn't bring home any acres. That's why I made the point =]

Thread Information