Thread: Casual war kingdom seeks either a merger or 6 new players

Regular

Smile Casual war kingdom seeks 3-4 new players

Recruiting:

We currently have 22 provinces so we are looking for 3 new players for the new age. If you have a small kingdom with an active core group and are looking to upsize and merge with us, we would be very interested in talking to you. But we will still talk to individual random players.

About us:

Type of kingdom: We are a casual warring kingdom. We never aim for charts. We just war as often as we can, and don't bother with pumps, fake wars, or spending much time in Fortified stance. Win or lose, it really doesn’t matter.

Players: We are primarily made up of randoms and veterans who just want to relax and have fun with Utopia without letting it interfere with our real lives. That is not to say we're inactive, though, as we're all addicts to some degree! We began by starting from scratch in a (fully green) ghetto in week 8 only two ages ago and have built ourselves up since then.

Current status: Our record for this age so far is 5/8, and our combined war record for the short time that we've existed is 12 wins, 5 losses, and 1 draw. Current size is ~7 mil networth with 22 provinces(average prov size is around 2k acres), though that stat is unimportant to us. We list it only to give you a better picture of our kingdom.

Types of provs: Heavy attackers, as well as A/T and A/M hybrids. No T/M provs currently. We can always review this if our needs change in the future.

Time zones: We are fairly evenly spread out all over the world, so there is usually someone around at all hours of the day. We have a North American group, a Euro group, and an Asian group.

Orders: While we do give orders, we allow you to play your own province without us micromanaging it completely. Basic guidelines are given for races/personalities and build strats.

Communication: We use IRC along with Lucid Bot, and an external website that is synchronized with it. You can connect to IRC through the website if you have restrictive firewalls.

What we need from you:

A positive attitude: We don't win every war, and when we lose, it's not the end of the world. We war for fun and accept nearly all challengers that come knocking. All seven of our wars this age were brought upon us by challengers. Every war is an opportunity to learn and improve no matter how it turns out. If you cannot handle a loss here and there, do not apply.

Team-oriented: You should not be afraid to make sacrifices in your own province for the greater good. This can involve staying within a certain size range, dragon slaying/funding in war, making risky attacks when needed, etc. Selfish players won't enjoy playing here.

No egos: Our kingdom name is 'Modesty' and it's not just a random choice. We are respectful of kingdom mates as well as our opponents. You should be able to withstand the urge to trash talk in the war forum.

Skill: You should know how to play decently, at least. We can teach you some things but preferably not everything. :P

Activity: Alarm setting is NOT a requirement, but you should make an effort to attack twice a day during war when possible.

Communication: Talk to us! You should really get to IRC somehow during war. Use the website if you need to.

Certainty that you wish to play: We've had an annoying problem with people getting recruited and then changing their mind about playing Utopia soon after. Please don't waste our invites.

Thanks for reading and we hope to chat with you soon!

Post here or send me a forum PM if you're interested.
    Last edited by Stik; 23-03-2011 at 12:17. Reason: Updated number of provs needed

bump

why would you aim for modesty why not greatness or the cream of the crop

Because we have found having a goal of having as much fun as possible through warring as much as possible with like minded individuals (that don't have the time to live on the computer in front of utopia) fosters a much more pleasant environment. Could we be chart chasers and turtle to every KD that challenges us unless we know we can beat them? Sure.... but then it's the end of the world if you lose and our wives would start withholding sex because we aren't paying any attention to them.

Priorities my friend....

hey i'm an old player trying to make a return to utopia.. i'm interested in joining your kingdom if you guys have any spots left

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by smoove33 View Post
    hey i'm an old player trying to make a return to utopia.. i'm interested in joining your kingdom if you guys have any spots left
    Join #modtemp on irc.utonet.org to chat with us. You can use the public mibbit site to get on for now if you don't have an IRC client. http://www.mibbit.com

Launch chat -> click Server link -> irc.utonet.org - nick: yourNick -> channel: #modtemp

Quote Originally Posted by Stik View Post
    [SIZE="4"]Certainty that you wish to play: We've had an annoying problem with people getting recruited and then changing their mind about playing Utopia soon after. Please don't waste our invites.
    If you wait you can reserve them a slot for free for the next age - no invites required.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    If you wait you can reserve them a slot for free for the next age - no invites required.
    We weren't aware of that option last age, but we will definitely try to make use of it this age... thanks!

Still, though: interviewing people, accepting them, and teaching them about our methods takes time. To anyone reading this, again, please be sure that you wish to play (and wish to play in a kingdom like ours) before applying.

Regular
    Have recruited two promising players who use IRC, still looking for four more. :)

This kingdom sounds like possibly a decent fit for me. I am a relatively old played, but I've been out of the game for a few years, though I had played at least a dozen ages. The overall strategy of the game appears fairly similar to how it was when I last played and I'm relatively interested in starting up again. More than anything else, I'm looking for an active kingdom. I'm fairly experienced playing A/M and A/T and can do either as required for the kingdom (of course needing to know before the reset of course). I usually log on approximately 10 times per day (often just to check forums and such to see if action is needed) and rarely had anymore than a half hour of army sitting time during war. Back when I last played, in most ages I was usually among the top few provinces on the island in terms of net worth, land, and honor, and sometimes made it into some of the lowest spots on the world rankings, though I was never anywhere high on the world boards when I was on them at all.

At the moment I cannot send private messages in forum as I'm a new register, but please let me know if you might be interested or if you need more information from me; if you have some potential interest, I can make contact for further details.
    Last edited by sirinad; 18-03-2011 at 15:25.

Regular
    Hi.. bumping our thread as we still have room for 3-4 new people before the age ends!

shoot me a pm if your still looking for players :)

Regular
    We're currently looking for two players. Our record this age is 4/4 so we're getting many applicants that expect a flawless kingdom, but that's still not us, and never will be. Keep that in mind. We're decent and win more often than we lose, but we have zero desire to become a top kd.

Best way to get in touch is to visit the IRC channel. Wait around if no one responds.

Thread Information