Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: rules on fake wars

Enthusiast
    but bishop.. i like fake war :(

Quote Originally Posted by John Snowstorm View Post
    did you play the beta?

GARBAGE, HUMAN GARBAGE.

and don't give me the 'well its only the beta' line cause I played the BF BCII beta, and that beta was the game they released.

I'll buy BFIII, second hand when its 20 euro about a month after its release date.

Yep played Beta ..... and the Alpha was better.

I don't know why but personally I think the Beta was a server stress test and a hack test.

Alot of the issues that where in the beta glitching and wall hacking wasn't in the alpha ..........

The beta seemed to be a " bodgied " patch ?

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    Agree with JSS, that beta was awful. I literally scoped a dude and shot him 3 times in the head and he didn't die. The kicks on the weapons are worse than real life, you can't hit anything unless you spray and pray. The maps are way too big and bright, you can't even see other players until they kill you. MWIII ftw, I'm tired of Black Ops lol.
    If you think those maps where too big obviously you never played BF2 ....... BF1942 or BFVietnam.

Got my DL last night now all I have to do is wait until the 27th ................ I think I should be well and truly a mess by then.

|||| Cthulhu in 2012 ||||
    ::: why choose the lesser evil :::

Quote Originally Posted by UnBan Hurlin View Post
    Yep played Beta ..... and the Alpha was better.

I don't know why but personally I think the Beta was a server stress test and a hack test.

Alot of the issues that where in the beta glitching and wall hacking wasn't in the alpha ..........

The beta seemed to be a " bodgied " patch ?

If you think those maps where too big obviously you never played BF2 ....... BF1942 or BFVietnam.

Got my DL last night now all I have to do is wait until the 27th ................ I think I should be well and truly a mess by then.
    Just because other games have big maps doesn't mean that caspian border is the right size.

Anyways, the reason why BF3 wont become king of the FPS is because its not really a FPS, its trying to be a jack of all trades, which is fine, but its not going to beat a dedicated shooter.

>too much muzzle flash on almost every AR
    >dust, dust everywhere, thousands of it
    >too much recoil on burst and pop fire
    >30 frames per second on consoles
    >camping for vehicles

The game will be a best seller and the price will never go down to 20 euros in a month, you are underestimating the general person JSS

Just because other games have big maps doesn't mean that caspian border is the right size.
    caspian is a typical Battlefield franchise multi vehicle map ..... that's why its a large map.

And there will be bigger maps on release.

Anyways, the reason why BF3 wont become king of the FPS is because its not really a FPS, its trying to be a jack of all trades, which is fine, but its not going to beat a dedicated shooter.
    That is the battlefield franchise in a nutshell not only is it a FPS but it also is a flight sim and multi vehicle game.

BF was king of the heap in the past probably will be again, what defines best FPS ? sales ? don't really care I play PC not console crap

>too much muzzle flash on almost every AR
    >dust, dust everywhere, thousands of it
    >too much recoil on burst and pop fire
    >30 frames per second on consoles
    >camping for vehicles
    Yeh have to wait for release to see what the finished product is like ...... the Beta was also directX10 not 11 and I don't play console.

The only metric worth looking at is sales and popularity, everything else is just personal subjective opinion. I never said it wont be the best game, It might well be, certainly from a subjective point of view. I said it doesn't have what it takes to topple CoD from the top spot, and the reasons are those that I listed.

I like BCII but I got burned before on assuming a DICE game would be significantly better than its beta, so I'll pick it up cheap second hand from a buy and sell site (where it certainly will be down to 20E in a month).

Fact is, consoles are important because thats where the base is gonna be, thats what most developers are going to be designing for. The CoD killer probably isn't going to show up until the next gen of consoles.

I lived with a games programmer for a couple of years, what your saying is right CoD will be the money king until the next gen consoles purely because its CoD2 ( a 7 year old game) with a spanki new skin on it.

As she put it , its alot easier to run that game on consoles then any modern PC based game.

IIRC its actually based on the quake engine which is older.

I wish more companies would develop for modern gaming PC capabilities, but in some ways its for the best to have it staggered a little, so people don't have to update their PCs like crazy because developers are designing games for every new processor and graphics card that comes out :P

It's just tiresome at the end of the consoles lifespan.
    Last edited by John Snowstorm; 23-10-2011 at 01:00.

My main issue is if you develop for console and port to PC your loosing so much ..... prone, lean and mass player maps cant be done on console due to RAM restrictions.

I update my comp every couple of years this is my hobby if I rode motox or something similar my hobby would cost alot more.

Perhaps open a thread in GT for gaming talk :P
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by UnBan Hurlin View Post
    My main issue is if you develop for console and port to PC your loosing so much ..... prone, lean and mass player maps cant be done on console due to RAM restrictions.

I update my comp every couple of years this is my hobby if I rode motox or something similar my hobby would cost alot more.
    In fairness, the PS3 owners have this exact same complaint because their hardware is superior to the xbox yet most developers design for the xbox because the coding platform is easier and, as I understand it, much cheaper. So basically all the small companies will learn the xbox and that feeds the cycle.

Also in general ports from Xbox to PS3 look terrible and actually end up looking much worse on ps3 than they do on xbox, the inferior machine.

In summation: PS3 fanboys get trolled hard.

In fairness, the PS3 owners have this exact same complaint because their hardware is superior to the xbox yet most developers design for the xbox because the coding platform is easier and, as I understand it, much cheaper.
    Oh yeh Rosemarie used to hate it when they where getting close to finish writing for Xbox because then they would have to start getting ready for PS3 ........ she said coding for PS3 would take three times as long with more head aches and longer testing periods.

In summation: PS3 fanboys get trolled hard.
    ;)

The only metric worth looking at is sales and popularity, everything else is just personal subjective opinion.
    Stop spreading this drivel. "Popularity" doesn't make a game good, it simply means that it appeals to MANY people at once. That's like saying Windows is the best thing ever because it has the most sales and is used most frequently.

"Niche Gaming" is in every way superior to Mainstream gaming, but is unable to generate the kind of sales or popularity (and you also face many bad reviews because reviewers "just don't get it".) People trying to fit in the Niche market don't always understand their role (meaning sometimes they seem to try directly competing against 'main stream' and come out with a product that their small studio can't adequately support) and you have a bunch of games that clearly are half finished... but give players something that no other game on the market can.

The issue is, gaming IS subjective. There is no OBJECTIVE way of rating a game because games are designed to appeal to DIFFERENT people.

Just take a look at Utopia, it's so bad that it is LOSING money: why anyone is playing it completely confounds me. (Not to mention the horrific graphics)
    Just say "yes" and I'll go away.

Thread Information